PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 12:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Lanman19 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Files disappearing on SDHC card, HELP!

I have a Sandisk 16 GB SDHC card in my Sprint TP - Stock ROM, and just recently I found that after I copied several files to the card using ActiveSync Explore, the files just disappeared. Using Resco Explorer, the files appear in the root of the Storage Card, then within minutes if not seconds, the files just disappear.

Also, when I use Resco Explorer to create a new folder, the folder appears in the list and I can open it to start with, then the folder disappears.

The only action that I did previous to the problem was to attempt to copy the AudioPara3.csv file to the /Windows device folder. There's a several threads on how this file can make the device louder.

Anyway, the device gave a message that stated that the "file already exists in ROM, proceeding with copy could damage system." Since the threads all indicated that the copy was no prblem, I simply tapped "Yes" to proceed. It seemed to work without a problem, until I copied some files to the Storage Card. They copied fine, then disappeared.

Did a hard Reset, "Clear Storage" that is, and restored from backup. Everything works except files are disappearing!
Old 07-09-2009, 12:53 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Re: Files disappearing on SDHC card, HELP!

Format the SD card. That is probably the problem, if it doesn't work yours may be messed up like mine was. I think they are having trouble with the 16gb cards. I have no idea why, my 8 was flawless!

EDIT: Use panasonics sd formatter v2.0 worked great for my new card.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

the 16 gig sandisk cards suck, I recently had my 2nd defective one replaced.

I never had a single problem with an 8 gig card.

~John
Old 07-09-2009, 01:42 PM
White Monster > Red Bull

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
the 16 gig sandisk cards suck, I recently had my 2nd defective one replaced.

I never had a single problem with an 8 gig card.

~John
Completely agree. What gives?!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Compusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuffCompusmurf knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Compusmurf Send a message via AIM to Compusmurf Send a message via MSN to Compusmurf Send a message via Yahoo to Compusmurf

lol, yet another SANDISK fail.

Always did say they were the Yugo of the mem card world.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:39 AM
White Monster > Red Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
lol, yet another SANDISK fail.

Always did say they were the Yugo of the mem card world.
Hahaha nice!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:49 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Had the same problem with my sandisk 16GB in my HD vid cam. I would shoot a video, it would show on screen that it was there. As soon as I tried to play it back, it would say "not a valid file type". If I used my Transcend 8GB, all was good. So it's easy to say that sandisk sucks silicone!
Old 07-10-2009, 07:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Does anybody know of a "good quality" 16 gig card??

I keep a ton of stuff on my card so I really need the capacity & I back it up regularly to my LT, but everytime it burns up it seems it was right before I was going to do a current backup.................

~John
Old 07-10-2009, 07:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO 3D

Metalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Does anybody know of a "good quality" 16 gig card??

I keep a ton of stuff on my card so I really need the capacity & I back it up regularly to my LT, but everytime it burns up it seems it was right before I was going to do a current backup.................

~John
I'm using this one..no problems so far.
Code:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211378
Old 07-10-2009, 07:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

Major_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuffMajor_Nate knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmayhem View Post
I'm using this one..no problems so far.
Code:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211378
I got my 8GB for $13.99 w/ free shipping, but a 16 for $49.99? Awesome!

Service & Repair Questions? Check out this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74927

Sprint/Nextel Service & Repair Technician

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Don't forget to click on the "THANKS" button if I've helped you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro