PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 10:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP screen

Hmm my TP has like a a smear in the screen like when you press the back of a lcd of sort... its about the size of a dime and i thought it was my screen protector but its on the main screen has anyone run into this before and what did it do in the longrun..i really dont want to take my TP to the retards at sprint they know nothing
Old 07-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Re: TP screen

How long have you had it? If it is newer I would guess a defect and put on your retard helmet If it is older it is probably just wearing out If you are avid about avoid Sprint customer service, pretty sure you can find replacement screens out there and replace it yourself, should you feel inclined to do so.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
How long have you had it? If it is newer I would guess a defect and put on your retard helmet If it is older it is probably just wearing out If you are avid about avoid Sprint customer service, pretty sure you can find replacement screens out there and replace it yourself, should you feel inclined to do so.
well i want to say my pro is 4 months old tops this is already the second one becasue i bought the tp the day it came out and had it for whatever months and the keyboard died, but its strange it sometimes shows and sometimes not.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

That's weird. Not sure how it would cause it, but have you tried switching ROMs?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
That's weird. Not sure how it would cause it, but have you tried switching ROMs?
hahah yes many version of my rom and groove and even the stock rom
Old 07-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Yeah didn't figure that could cause it, but you never know Beats me then, short of either taking it in or taking it apart, not sure what else you could do.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
Hmm my TP has like a a smear in the screen like when you press the back of a lcd of sort... its about the size of a dime and i thought it was my screen protector but its on the main screen has anyone run into this before and what did it do in the longrun..i really dont want to take my TP to the retards at sprint they know nothing
If its a rainbow/oily looking smudge read this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...reen+touch+pro

Its happen to me on a couple of touch pro's

Old 07-09-2009, 03:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

grr i took it to sprint and they told me no..but i have warranty and paying 6 bucks a month for coverage wtf bull **** is that!!! i mean its like a tv gets a smudge you ahve warranty then they fix it but no sprint sucks ba***
Old 07-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

That sucks.

A quick search on eBay shows replacements for about $65, or someone that will replace it for you for $85

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro