PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I think I did something wrong. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74176)

SRX8o7 07-09-2009 03:35 AM

I think I did something wrong.

Alright, so I finally got a custom ROM on my phone that I like, the MightyROM6..so I get that done, and I go looking for themes, stupid me I guess didnt check to see if it was compatible with my ROM, and now when i go to turn on TF3D it just spazzes out. I already removed all of the programs from the themes off my phone, I tried to soft reset and hard reset. Im thinking about just restoring the phone (already have date backed up).

Is that the best thing to do in a situation like this?

Also- I started removing the Programs on the phone (guess I missed that) and It says that it removes it but it doesnt..it still shows up in list of programs on the phone.

kabuk1 07-09-2009 04:50 AM

Re: I think I did something wrong.

youll have to hard reset, sorry. same thing has happened to me. if a theme is made for a gsm phone it can do that. just backup your contacts & whatnot & clear the storage.

SRX8o7 07-09-2009 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1024111)
youll have to hard reset, sorry. same thing has happened to me. if a theme is made for a gsm phone it can do that. just backup your contacts & whatnot & clear the storage.

Yea thats what I ended up doing. I was just too tired to come back on the computer and say something. Thanks.

basilray 07-09-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRX8o7 (Post 1024068)
Alright, so I finally got a custom ROM on my phone that I like, the MightyROM6..so I get that done, and I go looking for themes, stupid me I guess didnt check to see if it was compatible with my ROM, and now when i go to turn on TF3D it just spazzes out. I already removed all of the programs from the themes off my phone, I tried to soft reset and hard reset. Im thinking about just restoring the phone (already have date backed up).

Is that the best thing to do in a situation like this?

Also- I started removing the Programs on the phone (guess I missed that) and It says that it removes it but it doesnt..it still shows up in list of programs on the phone.

It also may be that the programs uninstalled, but the *.lnk file under \windows\start menu\ did not get removed. You can use File Explorer, Resco, to Total Commander to delete them if this happens again.

dodge_longhorn 07-09-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1024111)

No not really i trade themes with my buddy jug6ernaut on xda who has AT&T all the time...its more likely she installed a 6.1 theme to a 6.5 rom that would cause some problems