PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Dangit i have to get a new touch pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74164)

psycho_maniac 07-09-2009 12:04 AM

Dangit i have to get a new touch pro

So this is a new phone and it lasted about 3 months and guess what....... NO the keyboard didnt fail. the speaker did. the only way to talk on the phone is to use speaker phone. the lady was puzzled when i told her what went wrong with it. another thing is they said it will take about a week or two just to ship it then the normal 2 days to get to my house. i guess there backed up on devices.

it kinda sucks though cuz the keyboard is awesome on this phone and im worried that when i get the one in the mail ill be on of them people complaining every couple months that they have to get a new one. i have no clue how the ear piece went out but it sad.

the only thing i have a problem with this phone is my dpad seems to zoom in on stuff at random and then my buttons wont work unless i put the phone to sleep then wake it up. weird. lets all hope i get another winner like this one.

on the plus side ill have an extra tp for a week so i can flash roms like crazy on it hehe

horndoctor 07-09-2009 12:07 AM

Re: Dangit i have to get a new touch pro

HeeHee!
TP=PooPoo :)

psycho_maniac 07-09-2009 01:00 AM

horndoctor are you stalking me? :S

horndoctor 07-09-2009 01:45 AM

I just enjoy jabbing you TP owners. When I see another thread about the TPs keyboard flaking out or the battery melting I just like to read the post for a laugh! haha
No, I am not stalking you...yet!

gator352 07-09-2009 09:48 AM

Your quite a man horndoctor......quite a man! lol

gator352 07-09-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psycho_maniac (Post 1023722)
So this is a new phone and it lasted about 3 months and guess what....... NO the keyboard didnt fail. the speaker did. the only way to talk on the phone is to use speaker phone. the lady was puzzled when i told her what went wrong with it. another thing is they said it will take about a week or two just to ship it then the normal 2 days to get to my house. i guess there backed up on devices.

it kinda sucks though cuz the keyboard is awesome on this phone and im worried that when i get the one in the mail ill be on of them people complaining every couple months that they have to get a new one. i have no clue how the ear piece went out but it sad.

the only thing i have a problem with this phone is my dpad seems to zoom in on stuff at random and then my buttons wont work unless i put the phone to sleep then wake it up. weird. lets all hope i get another winner like this one.

on the plus side ill have an extra tp for a week so i can flash roms like crazy on it hehe

I know this is a stupid question, but did you flash back to stock first and see if that took care of your speaker problem or problems?

ChaosTheory 07-09-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1023734)
HeeHee!
TP=PooPoo :)

Hey, no making fun of the TP :violent1: :lol:

I love my TP and have had no problems (other than the ones I caused or ROMs caused :-D ) I just hope it stays that way.

True, the TP is the only PPC I've had, coming from just a regular phone (a Nokia 6280 slider if I recall). Though I really like that phone as well.

As far as the speaker issue goes, that's weird, pull it apart and swap the speakers :-D

shellguy 07-09-2009 05:02 PM

I have gone from a UTStarcomm 6700 to the HTC 6800 now to the HTC 6850 (TP) I am in love with PPC's and can never go back. I have yet to have a problem with my 6800 or my 6850. that was not fixed with a ROM. I hope Verizon has the same 3 times and u get a brand new phone like alltel did.

Will

psycho_maniac 07-09-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 1024348)
I know this is a stupid question, but did you flash back to stock first and see if that took care of your speaker problem or problems?

no i never flashed to the stock alltel rom but i did hardreset when the problem happened and i flashed to a different rom after that. so i dont know what happened. i will obviously flash to the stock rom when i get my new one in the mail but i will doubt it will work then.

THIS IS MY 500TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!