PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

mr.neilsen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Bad HTC Hotfix for music skipping!!!! Help!!

I downloaded the hotfix from HTC to make it so the music won't skip anymore, phone did a soft reset automatically and when it came back on it won't go past the start screen where it says touch pro and has the little red numbers at the bottom!! WTF!! tried soft and hard reset and still can't go past this point, should I start shopping for a new phone or does someone have any ideas...? Anyone??

Last edited by mr.neilsen; 07-09-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:42 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Bad HTC Hotfix for music skipping!!!! Help!!

Flash yourself a custom rom from the upgrades section. Most chefs have already fixed that issue...

Old 07-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mr.neilsen is a n00b

how do i do that, plus it won't get far enough for my pc to recognize it so not sure how to get it loaded...
Old 07-09-2009, 04:17 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

I had this happen. A hard reset fixed it though. Not sure why a hard reset isn't working for you unless you didn't officially hard reset it.

Hard resetting the phone was hard for me. I had to remove the battery... Pop it back in and really quick hit the volume down, enter on d pad and power button. Had to try it a couple of times to get it to work.

Once it did it though I had to go through the whole set up process again, and then restore from a backup.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 07-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mr.neilsen is a n00b

still won't do anything, I've tried all combinations of above, soft reset, hard reset, power botton, d-pad, down volume, etc, what a nightmare.....
Old 07-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.neilsen View Post
still won't do anything, I've tried all combinations of above, soft reset, hard reset, power botton, d-pad, down volume, etc, what a nightmare.....
You can put the phone in bootloader manually by turning the phone off, then power up while holding down the DOWN volume button. It should give you a tri-color screen. You can then plug it into your pc and flash a custom ROM or back to a factory ROM.

Nate
Old 07-09-2009, 05:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
a hard reset would have deleted all you have installed on the phone. you actually got to a screen that was gray and said to "push the vol up to restore to factory settings" screen?
Old 07-09-2009, 05:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Ok, to hard reset manually it is a pain. So this is your best shot. While on the screen that shows touch pro, Press all these buttons at the same time. Press and hold the power button down, press and hold the volume down button, press and hold the enter button, ( that is the button in the center of the dpad) and then jam and hold the stylus into the soft reset hole. Hold all there until you get the hard reset screen. It works, I just tried it. Remember when you do it keep holding all buttons down, it takes a good ten seconds for the screen to come back on. If you need additional assistance feel free to im or pm me.

Also back in the days of my HTC universal I found this to fix audio skipping on a2dp. Give it a shot.

Go into the registry and add this dword string into the following location. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BtA2dpSnd

Make a new Dword value and name is Priority256 and then for the DWORD Data value make that 60 save and reboot. Presto no more lag, cuts or audio drop outs. I have attached the modified registry key for ease. To manually mod it the registry location is at the following.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\BtA2dpSnd

Cheers,

Mikee
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 07-09-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mr.neilsen is a n00b

Thanks to all that helped me out today, what a day well spent....just sitting around freaking out, phone is loading up fresh right now and I will probably put 6.5 on there, nothing left to lose, lol, take care and will hopefully see you around the forum =D>
Old 07-09-2009, 06:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

Quote:
Thanks to all that helped me out today, what a day well spent....just sitting around freaking out, phone is loading up fresh right now and I will probably put 6.5 on there, nothing left to lose, lol, take care and will hopefully see you around the forum =D>

LMAO! I know the feeling, the one night the tricolor screen never looked so good...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro