PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 09:01 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Bought Touch Pro and Internet not working... help?

ok heres the story....

i bought a used mint condition touch pro and activated on sprint online and the touch pro is running fine but the net wasnt working... i took it to sprint and they told me that the inner workings of the usb port were damaged and it was hard to communicate with the device via usb cable so they could not do their stuff, i though it was BS cuz it charges and connects to activesync as well as flash drive just fine at home till i tried to unlock the device which always gave me communication errors... i can do it via sd card no problem as i did and flashed energyrom just now but i still cant connect to the web and they said theres nothing that can be done about on their part that and i would have to call insurance and shell out 100 bucks for another one cuz the in-store warranty did not cover that. But i dont think that the usb port (which is fine IMO BTW) has anything to do with the net not working rite?

What do you think? if i can get my web working i would most likely keep it since i can flash via sd no problem and switch it for a pro2 easier than paying for it. i tried to update profile and prl but they always fail... i always get a incorrect username/password error 067

if anyone can help me get my net workin again i would fully thankful, where can i manually get my sprint internet settings?? cuz the DCD carrier cab and PRL update cab did not work for me...

i have noticed that when i go to device info. the sprint username isnt mine so i guess that would be the problem, i know what mine is but where do i change it? and what about password and anything else required for the sprint internet sevice to work??

Old 07-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Bought Touch Pro and Internet not working... help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post
ok heres the story....
i bought a used mint condition touch pro and activated on sprint online and the touch pro is running fine but the net wasnt working... i took it to sprint and they told me that the inner workings of the usb port were damaged and it was hard to communicate with the device via usb cable so they could not do their stuff, i though it was BS cuz it charges and connects to activesync as well as flash drive just fine at home till i tried to unlock the device which always gave me communication errors... i can do it via sd card no problem as i did and flashed energyrom just now but i still cant connect to the web and they said theres nothing that can be done about on their part that and i would have to call insurance and shell out 100 bucks for another one cuz the in-store warranty did not cover that. But i dont think that the usb port (which is fine IMO BTW) has anything to do with the net not working rite?
What do you think? if i can get my web working i would most likely keep it since i can flash via sd no problem and switch it for a pro2 easier than paying for it. i tried to update profile and prl but they always fail... i always get a incorrect username/password error 067
if anyone can help me get my net workin again i would fully thankful, where can i manually get my sprint internet settings?? cuz the DCD carrier cab and PRL update cab did not work for me...
i have noticed that when i go to device info. the sprint username isnt mine so i guess that would be the problem, i know what mine is but where do i change it? and what about password and anything else required for the sprint internet sevice to work??
I would recommend trying the update profile button in settings.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:17 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Call tech support. I believe the username can be changed in the pst menu. I think sprint has to do something on their end for it to work. Im not totally sure on that.

Last edited by w7excursion; 07-08-2009 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny
Thumbs up Re: Bought Touch Pro and Internet not working... help?

+1 for W7.

There are some settings particularly set for sprint once your press ##778# and click on view once that comes up click on view info and go to CDMA settings, and modem settings are the ones that probably need configuration. This will need a tech or if you have a friend that has a TP from sprint you can edit yourself. Once you edit everything than you can call sprint again and I can assure you that they will be able to communicate with your phone. You can edit all this info using the MSL grabber which will give you he code uniquely for your phone.

Giovanny
Old 07-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I had a similar issue once... then I found out that if you go to Start > Settings > Connections and check the ISP connection (modem set up) all the fields were blank. What you need is the username and password for the connection.

by default, most data applications will connect to the network connection named 'The Internet'. You need the username (usually ending on @sprintpcs.com) and the password associated with it.

The number needed to dial is #777 once you get this info just enter it in the appropiate fields and make sure the connection name is The Internet or NETWORK.

Note: There is a chance that the network connection is still present (as in the phone will tell you the connection already exists), if that is the case then you can rename it to something else but then you'll have to modify each program that connects to the internet and change the connection profile to the one you created.

If the phone was previously on sprint you could also flash again and then perform a hard reset and see if it fixes the connection settings (so data provisioning takes over at that point)

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)

Last edited by fenixjn; 07-08-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:49 AM
MikeElGiga23

thanx for the replies guys, i have been on the live chat with a sprint representative and on the phone with a tech service agent last night ant it still doesnt work....

they told me do dial ##DATA# and restore the profile, soft reset and then attempt to update the profile via settings but it fails every time with error code 67 / incorrect username/password... i flashed to stock rom before this and hard resetted BTW and no dice... i think it may be a hardware problem cuz everytime i try to update my settings and fails, the username of the previous owner always goes back and thats maybe whats going on. but to no avail the device updates with my info...

the USB port damage that they mentioned was to connect the device to a diagnostic machine and since its damaged it cant connect to diagnose the problem so i guess im stuck then...
Old 07-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Have you tried using QPST to access it? Not very familiar with it, but I know that provides a lot of options for settings and things like that. If you want I can look for a link for you.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:16 AM
MikeElGiga23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Have you tried using QPST to access it? Not very familiar with it, but I know that provides a lot of options for settings and things like that. If you want I can look for a link for you.
please do, i dont mind redoing the settings after every rom flash for that matter as long as i know whats needed to make it work

BTW, i just flashed another rom via usb so I dont understand the BS under the usb they are mentioning...
Old 07-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Attached are the QPST 2.7 build 327 and WModemDriverInstaller.

Like I said, not real familiar with it, so I'm not sure where to start looking, but you should be able to access whatever settings you need.

BE WARNED: This program allows you to change setting on your phone that can cause it to brick. Be careful, and I am not responsible for any damage you may cause with this program.
Attached Files
File Type: rar QPST_2.7_build_323.rar (7.86 MB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: rar WModemDriverInstaller.rar (2.17 MB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

longlost is just getting started

Please try update profile if you have not already.
I had the same issue with my wife's touch diamond. and using update profile fixed that.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro