PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 10:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Final steps for getting my Sprint HTC touch pro onto Verizon.

You definitely do NOT want to tell them it's a Sprint phone or they will NEVER activate it. PM me, I will give you some info that is not proper to post here (I have 3 Sprint TP's on Verizon)

~John
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:21 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung i760
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b

Alright, PM sent, thanks. I'll keep up to date on here, to see how my progress goes.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

michaelbrandonw is a n00b

Also note that some have tried the "it's an Alltel TP" but VZW comes back and says... "sorry, but our records indicate that the device is actually a Sprint TP." Somehow they knew.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

I quoted this from my customer agreement when they wouldn't add my EMID.

Your Wireless Phone
Your wireless phone is any device you use to receive our wireless voice or data service. It must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations and be compatible with our network and your Plan. Whether you buy your wireless phone from us or someone else is entirely your choice.

A non Verizon phone that's CDMA (Like Sprint) would be exactly as described. It fits with "Any device you use to receive our service" and it "complies with fcc regulations" and lastly, "I can buy one from whoever I want".

First I was told it wasn't compatible because Sprint uses TDMA not CDMA. I told them it was time to step forward to present day and not be recalling technology from 4 years ago and before. Then I was told that "Any device" and "buy from whoever you want" means Verizon phones on Ebay. Where in that customer agreement did it say it HAD to be a Verizon branded phone???

I never did get them to add the EMID, but I did get them to swallow the ETF and let me go over to Sprint with my phone after elevating to a supervisor and telling them that THEY had violated their own terms by refusing. Bye bye Verizon!

I get great service with Sprint now, and for a fraction the cost. Plus I know when new stuff comes out, I'll be able to get it from Sprint uncrippled and a full 6 months ahead of the VZW people. Why is Verizon so intent on disappointing their smart phone users?

I don't think everyone should go to war with Verizon over this, but they had repeatedly made mistakes on my bill, gave me crap when I had a crappy 6800 I needed to exchange that I only had a month... etc...

Anyone interested in taking a look at the customer agreement and coming to their own conclusions... just google "Verizon Customer Agreement", should be your first link.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru View Post
they had repeatedly made mistakes on my bill, .
& you think Sprint will be better???

Eer, good luck. Verizon has never made a mistake on my bill in 10 years of service, when I had Sprint it was an unusual month when they DIDN't make a mistake........(& their CS was some of the all time worst I've ever dealt with)

~John
Old 07-13-2009, 05:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung i760
Threadstarter

GuItArMaN is a n00b

All is well, working great. Thanks everyone for your help.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Lurker

hobes270 is a n00b

How did you get your sprint phone MEID on the verizon network?
Old 07-29-2009, 12:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro TWO!
Carrier: Sprint

TheAlienElite is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to TheAlienElite Send a message via MSN to TheAlienElite

Quote:
they had repeatedly made mistakes on my bill,
That's why I left verizon. Every month they tried to squeeze even more money out of me.

And morton, dude, Sprint has the best customer service of any company I've ever spoken to. Unless you talk to someone you can't understand, which has happened once. They've only made a mistake on my bill one time.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone

Phone History Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro