PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001
TF3D not booting and slow/locking up phone..

Ok so this is really starting to piss me off. I had this problem on an old eRice 6.1 Rom a few months ago and now again on the latest 6.1 rom (21051 I believe). When my phone screws up and needs a soft reset, it will not boot up correctly sometimes and warrants any number of soft resets to get it to work fine again. What happens is it boots up but the TF3D boot logo sits there without the Launching TF3d message showing up. As long as it sits there like that the phone is as slow as if it was at 100% CPU useage and most of the time locks up after opening most any other program. This makes the phone almost completely unuseable untill it resolves itself. Today it happend while i was using my WingX software to use the GPS to fly directly too Willows here in CA. Really inconvient even though I know where I was going it made the software and GPS completely useless since I could not get the phone to reboot yet (Been over 5 hrs of soft resetting now).

Now one discovery I did find interesting was using the GPS.. After a failed soft reset if I go into a GPS enabled app like visualGPS it cannot activate the GPS to find a fix. What I am wondering is if the GPS chip itself is somehow locked up causing the phone to be almost useless untill it resets itself or something. Does anyknow know anything about this to tell me if its possible or if there are any apps I can install to tweek/reset the GPS chip?

Anyway there is my vent/problem. ATM the phone still will not boot up right and if it is a GPS/TF3D problem I dono. I can disable TF3D and reboot but the phone still hangs completely so I know its not exactly TF3D that is causing it. When it boots correctly the phone works correctly for quite a while. I am just really getting sick of it doing this exactly at the most inconvient time possible.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TF3D not booting and slow/locking up phone..

i think you have to much crap on the rom or a bad cab installed. hate to say it but back up your contacts and anything else you want to save and do a hard reset.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Threadstarter

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001

Thats just the thing. Asside from my memory card that has tons of stuff in it, i have very few programs installed. This has happened on 3 different versions of 6.1 roms. I either have this bootup issue after a little while, or I have my phone randomly delete stuff on me.. And the sprint store guys willnot replace the phone since it does neither of the problems with a stock sprint rom, but the stock rom is soo slow to have to deal with for any length of time. I love the phone when it works fine but when it doesn't it becomes a real brat to get working again. I would do another advanced replacement online but there are no options for software or memory issues.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

backup your stuff and try a hard rest.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM0001 View Post
Thats just the thing. Asside from my memory card that has tons of stuff in it, i have very few programs installed. This has happened on 3 different versions of 6.1 roms. I either have this bootup issue after a little while, or I have my phone randomly delete stuff on me.. And the sprint store guys willnot replace the phone since it does neither of the problems with a stock sprint rom, but the stock rom is soo slow to have to deal with for any length of time. I love the phone when it works fine but when it doesn't it becomes a real brat to get working again. I would do another advanced replacement online but there are no options for software or memory issues.

It sure sounds like you have tried this already but...

1. Flash to Stock ROM
2. Hard Reset
3. Flash to Custom ROM
4. Hard Reset
5. Restore contacts but nothing else and test phone
6. One by One add apps you use to see if maybe you have a bad *.cab
7. If it ends up working...awesome...
7a. If it still craps out and you can't figure it out...regift it to a loved one
Old 07-08-2009, 09:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

jackamo is a n00b

had the same thing happen to my touch pro only happened when I was at a location with no cell signal. took about an hour of signal for it to come back on line. that was running MR5 6.5

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro