PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 11:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

SRX8o7 is keeping up the good workSRX8o7 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to SRX8o7 Send a message via MSN to SRX8o7
Sending Multi text messages & freezes

Hey everyone, this is sorta my first "offical" post. I searched this thread thurly before typing this out. Ive had my Touch Pro for about a month now. My bf had put the Touch Flow 3D from the TP2 on my phone, it worked at first but then started locking up and it kept reloading Touch Flow, we came to the conclusion that my ROM isnt updated, and that I would have to get a custom ROM in order to get that working, my bf doesnt want to do that because he says that it can really eff my phone up and there would be nothing we could do about it. We already restorted it once when it just went to a black screen.
Ever since then, for some random reason, when I go to get a text message, It will first tell me I sent a message, then Ill hear my txt message ringtone 2 times, then get my text message. Sometimes it still locks up for a bit. Even when I go to turn my phone on it says that I sent a text message when I didnt. None of my friends have said that I have been sending random texts to them but 1 person, I just deleted our convo and it stopped but its been doing it again. Any idea why this might be happening?
I want to learn more about upgrading and tweaking my Touch Pro but obviously I still no nothing. I dont want to do something that I will regret too :P

Thanks

Old 07-07-2009, 11:38 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck
Re: Sending Multi text messages & freezes

I am not sure which ROM you loaded but it is always good practice to hard reset (or clear storage) after you load a new ROM. Don't be too afraid of trying out a couple of other ROMs to find the one you like best. Read through the thread to help find one you like. Or you can just go back to the sloooooow stock ROM to make your BF happy.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsousan View Post
I am not sure which ROM you loaded but it is always good practice to hard reset (or clear storage) after you load a new ROM. Don't be too afraid of trying out a couple of other ROMs to find the one you like best. Read through the thread to help find one you like. Or you can just go back to the sloooooow stock ROM to make your BF happy.

Haha I havent loaded any ROM on there yet, Im assuming its still the stock ROM. lol Ill have to look thur the list of Custom ROMs and see if I can for one understand all that its saying and hee if I like it lol.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:11 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

You shouldn't have to read much, just look at the most active ones and give it a try. Make sure to read through the "unlocking" section and you will be on your way. If you get stuck, read some more or post a question. Pretty much everyone here is willing to help out. Good luck and the stock ROMs are soooo boring.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
You shouldn't have to read much, just look at the most active ones and give it a try. Make sure to read through the "unlocking" section and you will be on your way. If you get stuck, read some more or post a question. Pretty much everyone here is willing to help out. Good luck and the stock ROMs are soooo boring.
Thanks for the info ^^ Hopefully it will fix the "send message" problem. Im pretty sure my co-worker is still getting a lot of text messages from me saying "orly?" lol.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bionic

86shelby is just getting started

Have u done a hard reset since u bought it? That seems to fix some strange issues on new TP's.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:05 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Ya I recommend a Hard Reset first, that should fix ur issues, also keep your threads to a minimum. A lot of times you get so many threads going that it really bogs down ur SMS. After a hard reset, let us know if its still not working, but i'm 99% sure u should be fine after that, and if you flash a custom rom the right way, then u wont be disappointed and wont go back!
Old 07-08-2009, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86shelby View Post
Have u done a hard reset since u bought it? That seems to fix some strange issues on new TP's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
Ya I recommend a Hard Reset first, that should fix ur issues, also keep your threads to a minimum. A lot of times you get so many threads going that it really bogs down ur SMS. After a hard reset, let us know if its still not working, but i'm 99% sure u should be fine after that, and if you flash a custom rom the right way, then u wont be disappointed and wont go back!

Yea, I have done a Hard Reset. It still does it. I think that hte act that before I had this phone, I had the LG Rumor and it wouldnt freeze when I would slid it up and start typeing. I was fast on that phone and its carring over to this phone, when i go too fast it tends to start doing other things. We did have to restore my phone once when we tried the TF3D from the TP2 but that was before this problem. I try to keep it to a minimum when having several things open too. I dont do much on my phone, just check email and browse internet. My bf has played with it more than I have and he had just put Uno on it or something. lol
Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

so just so were on the same page, fresh off of a "hard" reset ur phone is still acting up? or after you reload the TP2 SMS?
Old 07-08-2009, 05:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
It's also best to hard reset (clear storage) before flashing a new rom.
It will delete all the programs installed,
and it helps to keep little bits of data sticking around to mess with the next rom you're going to flash onto your phone.

Quote:
agreed, stock roms are no bueno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ott View Post
It's not really the amount of the threads in my opinnion.
It's more of the amount of texts you have in your phone.
The incomming and outgoing both count,
most people think they don't need to delete their texts,
but you really do.
Don't let more than a couple hundred in your inbox at most.
I've noticed the more you have, the more it will make the whole phone lag.
But since it's happening after a hard reset,
then it can't really be the amount of texts since there would be none.
But that's just something to keep in mind if you flash a windows mobile 6.5 custom rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro