PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Time to replace my Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=74025)

ebmorgan 07-07-2009 10:05 PM

Time to replace my Touch Pro

Judging from other user's TP lifespans, I'm suprised my first TP made this far...8-9 months.

Got major issues:
1. No matter what ROM I use it likes to reboot itself a couple times a day. HARDWARE ISSUE.
2. Sometimes is locks up while charging. HARDWARE ISSUE.
3. The mini-USB port is not making good connections with cables. I've tried 4 different cables by 4 different manufacturers and all have connectivity issues. HARDWARE ISSUE.
4. When using the multi-adapter for playing music in my car, the audio pops with every bump. Probably related to issue 3. HARDWARE ISSUE.

<sigh>....hopefully the ID10Ts at the repair center won't ive me too much trouble.

xconwayx 07-07-2009 10:14 PM

Re: Time to replace my Touch Pro

I just switched from my Diamond to a Pro, and I must admit I have not seen any topics about the short lifespan on the Pro. This news is rather discouraging. Please let us know how the IDIOTS (agreed btw) treat you and your malfunctioning device!

krielys 07-07-2009 11:28 PM

rebooting = not necessarily hardware issue.
what do you do with your memory card between flashes ? anything ?
could be corrupt files..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...34#post1005934

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebmorgan (Post 1020975)
Judging from other user's TP lifespans, I'm suprised my first TP made this far...8-9 months.

Got major issues:
1. No matter what ROM I use it likes to reboot itself a couple times a day. HARDWARE ISSUE.
2. Sometimes is locks up while charging. HARDWARE ISSUE.
3. The mini-USB port is not making good connections with cables. I've tried 4 different cables by 4 different manufacturers and all have connectivity issues. HARDWARE ISSUE.
4. When using the multi-adapter for playing music in my car, the audio pops with every bump. Probably related to issue 3. HARDWARE ISSUE.

<sigh>....hopefully the ID10Ts at the repair center won't ive me too much trouble.

Naveronski 07-08-2009 03:28 AM

Just be sure to throw a stock ROM back on it, and lock it.

t0mmyr 07-08-2009 05:48 AM

ive had my last tp for the longest now (about 4 months probably and probably my 4th or 5th tp), and just today when i got out of the car it fell out of my pocket barely touching the ground for the first time...3 scratches now......grrrrrrr i havent ever dropped this phone (now my old tps, those were some different stories), i got soo angry cuz my phone has been looking pristine and just now its all scuffed up, argh, i guess ill wait till something really goes bad to replace it

kabuk1 07-08-2009 06:36 AM

dude, get a case. under $10 on ebay.

i agree about the idiots at sprint. i exchanged my tp last week due to keyboard problems & horrid battery life, so what do they do? they hand me my new phone WITH MY OLD BATTERY IN IT.

G.F.D.

needless to say, my battery life did not improve >:|

and this morning i took it off the charger only to find out that the battery had fried out & will no longer charge! i hate my life.

FelonyInc 07-08-2009 08:27 AM

I'm glad to say I have not had one problem with my touch pro in the 8 months I had it. I had friends who had to return theirs twice already and still doesn't work right.

Quote:

and this morning i took it off the charger only to find out that the battery had fried out & will no longer charge! i hate my life.
yeah that really sucks

Quirk 07-08-2009 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0mmyr (Post 1021576)
ive had my last tp for the longest now (about 4 months probably and probably my 4th or 5th tp), and just today when i got out of the car it fell out of my pocket barely touching the ground for the first time...3 scratches now......grrrrrrr i havent ever dropped this phone (now my old tps, those were some different stories), i got soo angry cuz my phone has been looking pristine and just now its all scuffed up, argh, i guess ill wait till something really goes bad to replace it

I feel you on that one. I didn't drop my initial TP after a few months of having it. The keyboard started to go out so I got it replaced.

A week after having the replacement, I dropped it and cried. After a month or so, a giant crack has developed right by the USB port.

bigwally 07-08-2009 08:53 AM

My tp is still going strong after eight months! (knocking on wood) The battery life could be better but I have a charger at home, work and in my truck so its usually not a problem. Hopefully you will get yours replaced without to much of a hassle!

shach84 07-08-2009 08:54 AM

sometimes my keyboard doesnt work and i'm forced to use the touch keybboard. i'm pretty sure that as soon as i enter the sprint store everything will work perfectly, but i'm gonna try anyways. my sprint contract is up next month, so if they give me crap i'm leaving sprint.