PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1
Re: Time to replace my Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelonyInc View Post
yeah that really sucks
what REALLY sucks is that this is the second damn battery that's fried out on me. these batteries are AWFUL.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 07-08-2009, 10:00 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

My Touch Pro also locks up when charging sometimes.

On my first one (only about 4months old) and my refurbished phone i got a month or so ago.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Well, 3 months in and I am still doing well. Hopefully it stays that way. I am not a power user, so my battery lasts a while, and all problems I have have been ROM related, so I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best
Old 07-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

I dont have any problems with this one but the first one was having screen issues(ribbon cable) This one I have had for 5 months now and all is well...so far...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 07-08-2009, 11:19 AM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

i'm still running my original TP from nov/dec 2008. this one is heavy duty usage and by that i mean i pretty much use it all day:
its a usb drive, blue tooth music player for my bike, mobil phone, txting machine!, picture mails from friends, runs wireless inet for apple fans who can't do the same, google maps and sporty pal that run gps, some accounting through excel, note taker (hundreds of lines of notes), alarm clocks (for all occasions) and time keeper.

so i pull it out all the time. I still charge it once a day, although i can make it through 2 days with my current set up.

My 2nd tp is from jan/feb and has super light usage. it's be easier to say it has no usage.

Comparing the two, 1st vs 2nd is that 2nd has perfect screen and keyboard/keyboard action.

1st got a scratch on the screen (i dunno how) so i took it's seidio case off. it's keyboard action is "good" but the screen kinda tweeks left and right in the closed position - not as strong anymore because of use and compared to 2nd.

no reboots or other major issues. i would have chalked those up to roms anyways...

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 07-08-2009, 09:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xconwayx View Post
I just switched from my Diamond to a Pro, and I must admit I have not seen any topics about the short lifespan on the Pro. This news is rather discouraging. Please let us know how the IDIOTS (agreed btw) treat you and your malfunctioning device!
I had to wait 45 minutes for the repair tech to diagnose. They ordered me a new one. Should be here tomorrow....
Old 07-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by krielys View Post
rebooting = not necessarily hardware issue.
what do you do with your memory card between flashes ? anything ?
could be corrupt files..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...34#post1005934
I don't use a memory card. Definately hardware since I get the same result no matter whar ROM/Radio combo I use.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Well, after Sprint stops the stupid policy of forcing Palm Pre users to switch to an Everything plan for the first 60 days of Pre availability....I'm getting a Pre...and keeping my SERO.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

nuuuuts is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmorgan View Post
Well, after Sprint stops the stupid policy of forcing Palm Pre users to switch to an Everything plan for the first 60 days of Pre availability....I'm getting a Pre...and keeping my SERO.
good to know about the pre and their plans....I'm really looking into getting the pre, probably buy one off of ebay as i got my pro back in october. Was bummed when I found out about needing a special plan....here's waiting those 60 days, hopefully the price will drop.

do you think there's any chance that sprint would swap our touch pro's for pre's, due to all the problems with the touch pro phones? Our pro's were 250 when they came out, pre's are at 199.

Another question, if I purchase a pre off of ebay, and there are problems would I be able to bring it to a sprint store and have them replace if it, it can't be fixed? I currently have insurance on my touch pro.

Thanks for your help....
Old 07-08-2009, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RIP XV6700.... Goodbye XV6850.. Hello XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

Gesani is a n00b

Hmm the only problem i have been having with my TP is an annoying memory leak.. and since i am using a VZW Touch Pro there not that much memory to start with.. maybe i can make my touch pro last the 4 years like my apache did

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro