PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 02:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: verizon

frostj9445 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EDIT <PPST or something I did killed data connection (juicy / mighty not the problem)

I unlocked a new htc tp and installed several different roms...juicy, mighty..etc. the phone works but the data connection (#777) will not work. I have even installed the vzw rom back to the device with no effect. Yes I have paid my bill and yes I have data plan.

The error message says username or password is not correct. After talking with vzw t/s they said to enter;

username: 925xxxxxxx@vzw3g.com
password: vzw

Still does not work. I have seen post which described deleting the connection and creating new with no user/password. Still no luck.

Hard and Soft reset have been done...no effect.

WTF!!!!!

I hope someone has an idea...I'm stuck.

best.

frosty

Last edited by frostj9445; 05-30-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rekphiv is becoming a great contributor
Re: !Juicy / Mighty Roms Killed Data Connection!

I thought I read somewhere that the password for verizon phones is the last 7 of your phone. No idea if that is true or not as I use only sprint.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:41 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

try what rekphiv said and get back to us
Old 05-30-2009, 02:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Password for any data connection on Verizon is vzw. The username is your 10 digit phone number @vzw3g.com

You may have to get data reset done (or switch to another phone with data and switch back--this is how I fix my data, same as resetting since its being setup for a new device on Verizons side).
Old 05-30-2009, 02:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

frostj9445 is a n00b

tried rekphiv's suggestion. nope

rondutt:

can you elaborate...you activate a different phone then switch back to original phone? Is there a cleaner way?

What if I have only one phone?

I'm getting frustrated...sorry.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Find a friend or someone here willing to let you use their ESN/MEID to activate if you only have 1 smartphone data capable device. I can't recall the exact term but most techs should know what you're talking about if you tell them you need your data key reset. This process takes upwards of a week though, so it's faster/advised to activate another smartphone then switch back to your TP. This way a new key is made for the new smartphone, and when you switch back another key is made for your Touch Pro. Do a OTA (*22 and you'll have data back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

frostj9445 is a n00b

Ok, I can go to my office and get a diamond. So I need to;

1. Call 800 number and have verizon activate the diamond.
-will automatic update work or do I need to speak with rep and give esn?
2. Dial *228 on diamond
3. Call 800 number again and activate tp
4. Dial *228 on tp

Any Idea why this happened? I have seen very few threads with same issue.

Thanks for your help rondutt.

-frosty

Last edited by frostj9445; 05-30-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

You probably just have a hung data session. I was able to get that fixed once with tier 2 data tech support from Verizon (took about an hour, after I got with someone who understood the problem). Level 1 tech tried to sell me a new phone and 2 year contract, LOL.

Edit: this is exactly what happened to me when I was flashing ROMs and switching devices between my Apache and 700wx. The advice I got (not exactly relevant in your case but pertinent to anyone who ESN swaps smartphones) was to turn off the data connection and exhchange/activesync push and always wait about 5 minutes before doing the ESN swap. That way the system knows the old device is disconnected. I've never had a problem since.

Edit 2: I'm with Sprint now, in case you're wondering why I'm talking about Verizon but my profile may say otherwise. I was with Verizon for about 7 years.

Last edited by haus; 05-30-2009 at 11:24 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

frostj9445 is a n00b

Do you think rondutt's suggestion about activating a different phone will work?

Also, I like the mighty rom best...I want to leave on the device but have a concern.

The warning message when using mighty is;

Error Code 67 Registration Error; your pcs Vision username/password is incorrect. Please try again.

This is obviously a pcs message. Is this what caused the problem in the first place. I can't believe I'm the first to use mighty5 on a vzw tp.

-frosty
Old 05-30-2009, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostj9445 View Post
Do you think rondutt's suggestion about activating a different phone will work?

Also, I like the mighty rom best...I want to leave on the device but have a concern.

The warning message when using mighty is;

Error Code 67 Registration Error; your pcs Vision username/password is incorrect. Please try again.

This is obviously a pcs message. Is this what caused the problem in the first place. I can't believe I'm the first to use mighty5 on a vzw tp.

-frosty

You may have to do a ##786# and revert to the original PRI because it sounds like you lost the data passwords. Be forewarned,
this will perform a hard reset. Originally posted by Mutiny32,.. I have sprint and did this and it worked like a charm, it took me 16hrs for this fix sprint couldnt even help me..!! Edit.. I had the very same error code 67 ..just tap on the menu and it should reset..Good Luck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro