PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rambler335 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rambler335 Send a message via Skype™ to rambler335
Exclamation New Touch Pro Will Not Unlock!!

I just got my new touch pro from the sprint store. I came home to unlock it via comnex's unlocker, and nada! I tried all methods and nothing. When I press power, volume and reset, i get the tri-colored boot screen for a half second, the screen turns grey, and it just says "loading.....". I have seen a few others report this in various threads, but I think this should become a sticky if it turns out to be a new security measure reverse-engineered by Sprint.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: New Touch Pro Will Not Unlock!!

who is your carrier?
this is the unlocker I use for my VZW TP
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503
Old 07-06-2009, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambler335 View Post
I just got my new touch pro from the sprint store. I came home to unlock it via comnex's unlocker, and nada! I tried all methods and nothing. When I press power, volume and reset, i get the tri-colored boot screen for a half second, the screen turns grey, and it just says "loading.....". I have seen a few others report this in various threads, but I think this should become a sticky if it turns out to be a new security measure reverse-engineered by Sprint.
Hello, I had to unlock my pro by unlocking it from the storage card, same issue you have. I cant upload anything here beacause I lost everything on my computer when it went kaputz on me and I had to put in a new hard disk, and whatever wasnt backed up at that point is lost.

But I think there is a sticky in the touch pro cdma forum on unlocking from the storage card.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

rambler335 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to rambler335 Send a message via Skype™ to rambler335

I tried that, like I said, all methods. As for my carrier, I am with Sprint.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

wesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on repwesscoggin is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
You will have to be a little more specific on the "all methods" that you have tried. Let us know which methods specifically and if indeed all methods were tried then let us know how specifically you tried them so we can spot the problem.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude

Power down your TP then pressing enter (ok/center d-pad), Vol down and power, start pressing in that order, hold until its advising hard reset. Instead soft reset (press reset button, not Vol up). After reset happens, power down your device. Then press and hold the Vol down and power button, it should take you to your boot (tri-colored) screen. What does it say on the top portion. Should tell you whether locked/unlocked.

Now with the boot loader screen on, connect your device to your pc. Run the HardSPL unlocker file/executable (there's a stickie on it). Should let you at it. You should use the .37 version, found here...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...08&postcount=1

My apologies, wasn't thinking straight at 4am. I wanted OP to get to the bootloader, as it states there whether or not the device is locked.

Last edited by intrlude; 07-08-2009 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Adding info.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yup, I have sprint too, worked for me as usb didnt. Maybe its the phone. I just got my new replacement a few weeks ago with a manufaturer date of may 2009, and I was able to unlock via the sd. Maybe you will notice other issues and have to take it back after a few weeks, try forcing it into bootlader, pkugging in the usb and running the unlocker.
Old 07-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Giovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good workGiovanny is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to Giovanny

the first thing you need to do is download the Hard SPL. Once download save it to your desktop. After that hook up your phone to the computer via USB. Once sync comes up on the screen run the hard SPL and follow the steps and you'll be done. This is for sprint.

Giovanny
Old 07-08-2009, 12:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

That happened to me a few times when I got my new alltel TP replacement from the store. I just kept trying to unlock it, and then redownloaded the unlocker and it worked.
Not sure if something got corrupted in the download, but I wouldn't rule that out.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

If you try flashing the unlocker from the SD card, you shouldn't be trying to get in to the normal bootloader to do it. Make sure you are following the tutorial properly here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61333

Pay particular attention to this:
Quote:
download the SSPL here http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1225521707
extract this and put the exe in main memory on your phone. (meaning the SSPL should not be on your SD card.)
Once you have the unlocker extracted to the root of your SD card, run the SSPL from the main memory of your phone to flash the unlocked bootloader. After that is done, you should be able to use the normal bootloader (Vol Down+Power+Reset to flash ROMs from SD.

If you are sure you've done it this way and you are sure your card is properly formatted, I'm not sure what the problem is with your phone.

Last edited by banzaiwolfe; 07-08-2009 at 01:26 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro