PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro MR1 Upgrade v2.0 will not flash

I am trying to flash my Verizon TP with the new(ish) MR1 upgrade v2.0 and it just won't flash. I am currently running a custom ROM running WM6.5. Do I have to flash it back to stock before using this update? If not, what else do I need to do before running the upgrade? I am using the file I grabbed from http://pcdphones.com/phone_downloads.aspx?bid=110&cid=1&mid=328&carrier =Verizon%20Wireless.

I suppose I should mention, I keep getting an error when trying to flash. (See Attached)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snap15.jpg (33.6 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by anonymity; 07-06-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Alltel/VerizOn

KillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKillAByteZ is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Touch Pro MR1 Upgrade v2.0 will not flash

Bro check out this thread:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925

Old 07-06-2009, 07:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2/ Driod Incredible
Carrier: The red headed stepchild

lllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation levellllboredlll can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymity View Post
I am trying to flash my Verizon TP with the new(ish) MR1 upgrade v2.0 and it just won't flash. I am currently running a custom ROM running WM6.5. Do I have to flash it back to stock before using this update? If not, what else do I need to do before running the upgrade? I am using the file I grabbed from http://pcdphones.com/phone_downloads.aspx?bid=110&cid=1&mid=328&carrier =Verizon%20Wireless.

I suppose I should mention, I keep getting an error when trying to flash. (See Attached)
Try extracting the exe with Winrar then run the utility that way. It however will result in not upgrading the radio. I should mention the pagepool really needs set to 10. 6 does nothing but cause serious lag.

Accepted NOT Expected
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

anonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good workanonymity is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillAByteZ View Post

I'm sorry... I'm a little new here and I completely forgot about that. What's worse is that now I can remember reading that. Can I request that this post be moved somehow?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllboredlll View Post
Try extracting the exe with Winrar then run the utility that way. It however will result in not upgrading the radio. I should mention the pagepool really needs set to 10. 6 does nothing but cause serious lag.
Thanks man. I don't know if it was the extraction or the fact that I went from trying to flash my device on a Windows XP computer with the latest version of ActiveSync to a Windows 7 machine with the latest Windows Mobile Device Center. One way or another, it worked this time.

I figured I have been bouncing from ROM to ROM often enough that I wanted to see what the latest that Verizon had to offer was. So far it's no great shakes but I like the idea of the new visual voice mail (something I haven't seen in any custom ROMs yet) and the fact that Verizon actually decided to unlock the GPS (yep, there is indeed a god).

The tip for the pagepool helped as well. I was thinking about going to 16 but thought that might be pushing it for this crippled thing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro