PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Phantom E-mail Account (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73818)

DeputyStankus 07-05-2009 10:10 PM

Phantom E-mail Account

On my first TP, I set up an e-mail account. I backed up that phone then installed everything on a new unit. When I did, there was a second account showing on the mail screen. It had the same number of new mails showing. However, whenever I click on the account to read the mails, nothing happens.

I've tried everything I can think of to delete this phantom account, but, except for the image on the mail screen, the phone doesn't recognize that the account exists.

I'm about to do a hard reset, and want to get rid of this thing before I back it up. Any thoughts?

horndoctor 07-05-2009 10:42 PM

Re: Phantom E-mail Account

Only The Phantom Knows For Sure...

DeputyStankus 07-06-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arsenalfan (Post 1016265)
Have you synced your mail with MS Exchange ?

No. Would that fix it?

eehrhard 07-06-2009 11:24 AM

Did you use sprite? I had this happen where i restored my emails but did not restore the account settings. I just started over and did not import my emails from the sprite backup file. I have all of my mail being set up by Sashimi now. Hope that helps.

MadlyAlive 07-06-2009 11:26 AM

There's the "Outlook" Account that can't be deleted. You can remove the message that's in there (Tips and Tricks) by going into SMS or another E-Mail account and hitting left or right on your D-Pad until you see the Outlook account and you can delete the message.

I believe there are other threads on this, but I have never read them.

DeputyStankus 07-06-2009 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 1017066)
There's the "Outlook" Account that can't be deleted. You can remove the message that's in there (Tips and Tricks) by going into SMS or another E-Mail account and hitting left or right on your D-Pad until you see the Outlook account and you can delete the message.

I believe there are other threads on this, but I have never read them.

No, it's definitely my gmail account. It says the name of the gmail account and shows the name of the sender on the top message. But when I click on the envelope icon to open the mail, it brings up the menu to set up a new mail account.

I don't think I used sprite. I used the HTC Data Backup.

eehrhard 07-06-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeputyStankus (Post 1018071)
No, it's definitely my gmail account. It says the name of the gmail account and shows the name of the sender on the top message. But when I click on the envelope icon to open the mail, it brings up the menu to set up a new mail account.

I don't think I used sprite. I used the HTC Data Backup.

Try doing a restore without restoring the email. I had this exact problem using sprite only i had 3. I could see emails on the email tab but they accounts were not set up.

I now just skip backing up anything email related and use sashimi to restore my email accounts after a flash or hard reset.

DeputyStankus 07-08-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eehrhard (Post 1018081)
Try doing a restore without restoring the email. I had this exact problem using sprite only i had 3. I could see emails on the email tab but they accounts were not set up.

I now just skip backing up anything email related and use sashimi to restore my email accounts after a flash or hard reset.

Well, I followed your advice. It got rid of the account, but it also deleted my SMS! :(

LunaticSerenade 07-08-2009 09:02 PM

I had that issue once. You can use Dashwire or Microsoft MyPhone to back up your SMS (I think PIM Backup can do it without backing up the email) and then use Sashimi or SDAutoRun (my preferred method :D ) to resotre the email accounts.

It was so frustrating when I had it happen...I feel your pain.

DeputyStankus 07-09-2009 12:05 PM

The worst part is I had a bunch of codes for free Redbox rentals in the SMS!