PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

myhollowworld2 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rhodium Generally Slow?

I hadn't seen a thread dedicated to a topic like this, although I may have missed it. I've seen it briefly mentioned within upgrade forums, but nothing in detail...

Now I've tried and flashed a few roms with Rhodium. They all seem to be...generally slow on the Rhodium side.

It seems that when opening any of the Rhodium interfaces, such as the text messages, contact information and call histories, it always loads for close to 5 seconds. That may not seem like a lot, but many times I could have my text message written in less time than it takes to open the messenger.

Now I have to admit, I do like the way it removes alot of the standard ugly Windows interface, as I'm not a fan of 6.5 (let's not get into any discussions on why or why not) But the load time on it is just ungodly.

My only concern is, will the TP2 have the same hang? I mean the hardware is generally the same, and I understand that this is a port. But I haven't seen any videos where they really show them going through the menus. Can anyone correct me on this?

Anyway, does anyone else feel the general sluggishness of Rhodium?
Old 07-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400
Carrier: Sprint

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: Rhodium Generally Slow?

try the psyki3 rom, it handles rhodium the best thanks to all his tweaks, and let me know what u think, its my favorite

Old 07-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Rhodium Generally Slow?

In my experience--and this may be completely different from t0mmy's--Rhoidum is slow regardless of Chef or ROM. Psyki's ROM loads each interface (especially your favorite contacts) faster than any of his peers, but there is still a noticeable delay while the data is cached. Usually once it's cached, it breezes around fine (just don't run an L2 CleanRAM), but initially it can be a real pain in the ***.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro