PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 04:29 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Bluetooth stereo Headsets for the Touch Pro

i have been pleased with Jabra bt620's,
http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/jab...-31816417.html
Old 07-05-2009, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mrtomaso is keeping up the good workmrtomaso is keeping up the good work

http://www.buy.com/prod/motorola-s80...203472790.html

I have these and LOVE them. The batteries last forever, great sound and very rugged. Typically, I get at least sixteen hours of usage between mini-usb charges.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Threadstarter

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20

Thanks guys, all good suggestions!

Of course you realize that this will FORCE me to scour the net searching for more reviews and user opinions until I can figure what is right for me.

Oh wait. I love that part of it. Wheee!

Have any of you used the Jabra BT8010 or know if they have had an update? I like the form factor and the ability to use it Mono and stereo.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/jab...-32327768.html

C/Net gave it a good review, but I've been burned by their reviews before, and I hope tech has progressed since the date of the review.

nb
Old 07-05-2009, 06:25 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

duno bout that but the bt620's battery life and sound quality is great. It works well with NITROGENE, POCKET PLAYER, CORE PLAYER...no complaint. I would like to get a lighter one for running...may be tHE S9
Old 07-05-2009, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Threadstarter

Biggnaa20 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Biggnaa20 Send a message via Skype™ to Biggnaa20

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Motorola S9 is the best headset I have ever tried. But the problems you are having may be from the crappy bluetooth in the TP. I had them and they played good as long as my phone wasn't in my pocket.
Do you know anyway to improve the quality of the Bluetooth radio?

nb
Old 07-05-2009, 10:14 PM
DaFlowMaster

I installed the 6.5 bt driver to get a better qualitu ad2p, I didnt notice any ill effect but a slight improvement, install the cab without worries...i will TRY to find the thread
Attached Files
File Type: cab T-Back 6.5 BT Driver.cab (81.3 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

i use the jabra bt 8010 its the best stereo/reg bluetooth i ever used perfect audio for music, and phone calls optional mono/stereo sound and i use it for my ps3 as well no problems at all
Old 07-05-2009, 11:06 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
I installed the 6.5 bt driver to get a better qualitu ad2p, I didnt notice any ill effect but a slight improvement, install the cab without worries...i will TRY to find the thread
That's not what that cab is for.

That .cab enables the pause/play and forward/back buttons on A2DP headsets for programs OTHER than windows media player.

Here's a cab to increase the audio quality. It also increases CPU load and battery drain. You can google the name of this to find the xda thread. He has a couple other quality settings too.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 PM
DaFlowMaster

the cab provided ability to control the headset from media player so that is an improvement in my book. How is your experience with teh cab you postedI d like to try it but i d like to find out how increasing the battery drain will help
Old 07-05-2009, 11:13 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
the cab provided ability to control the headset from media player so that is an improvement in my book. How is your experience with teh cab you postedI d like to try it but i d like to find out how increasing the battery drain will help
It's a tradeoff. He asked for better audio quality. Cranking out higher quality audio requires more cpu cycles, thus the increased battery drain.

I haven't done a before/after test of the drain, but it doesn't seem significant... not worth worrying about.

It does make youtube lag a little while it's loading the video and playing at the same time, but that could also have been a Juicy ROM problem to begin with - at either rate I noticed the problem was a little worse.

Otherwise, no adverse effects, just higher quality audio through the headphones.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro