PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 02:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Voda

Speedy624 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery runs out

My battery runs out when I don't respond to a missed call or a text message when my Touch Pro is in my locker at the gym. Anyway to stop this from happening? I click Device Lock and then have the TP on standby but as soon as I get a text or missed call the circle thing on the front of the device keeps flashing and my battery either totally runs out or the life has reduced drastically.

Very annoying on the TP as I need my PDA to be on all day.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:46 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Battery runs out

Go to start/settings/sounds & notifications/ click the notifications tab at the bottom... click the arrow to open up the drop down list.... go to text message & uncheck the box that says flash light for x amount of time.... do the same for missed phone calls, etc...
Old 07-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Well, the lights flashing shouldn't be draining that much power.
Are you using the standard lock or something like s2u2?
Also, you can set sounds and notifications to only flash lights for a designated time.
Check and make sure that your device isn't connecting to the internet and downloading data all the time. I would bet that is what is draining the battery.
Set it to send/recieve every hour or two hours and see if that helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:53 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Speedy624 is a n00b

I'm using the standard lock and don't think the light is the problem, I also send/receive data manually. When on standby the TP is blank but when I get a missed call or text message it sometimes stays on.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:55 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

It shouldn't stay on.
Something is set wrong or some kind of defect.
Old 07-05-2009, 03:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Speedy624 is a n00b

I've done what Brivers73 has said and will post back later to see whether that has solved the problem.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:22 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you said its in a locker right? im willing to bet your service is garbage.. its not the led, that doesnt pull enough power to drastically affect your battery like that..

i personally think its the fact that your phone is probably going in and out of roam and ev/1x constantly.. that causes a big increase in battery consumption if your going back and forth from roam alot...
Old 07-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

I would have to agree with Bored that your locker is prob metal and getting very bad sig inside of it. Forcing Roam and 1x switching often. Try putting ur phone in flight mode one day and see what happens. When you come off flight mode you should get ur txts and such.

Will
Old 07-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Speedy624 is a n00b

I don't use Roam though, use WAP to connect to the internet but everything is set to manual.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:23 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Weak signal is more likely the culprit. to check it out either put the phone on flight mode and see what it does or put it on Roam only and see if u get a signal. U will need to have a cab installed and under phone setting/roaming you will get the Roam only option
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sprint_Force_Roaming.zip (647 Bytes, 4 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro