PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Battery runs out (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73760)

Speedy624 07-05-2009 02:39 AM

Battery runs out

My battery runs out when I don't respond to a missed call or a text message when my Touch Pro is in my locker at the gym. Anyway to stop this from happening? I click Device Lock and then have the TP on standby but as soon as I get a text or missed call the circle thing on the front of the device keeps flashing and my battery either totally runs out or the life has reduced drastically.

Very annoying on the TP as I need my PDA to be on all day.

BRIVERS73 07-05-2009 02:46 AM

Re: Battery runs out

Go to start/settings/sounds & notifications/ click the notifications tab at the bottom... click the arrow to open up the drop down list.... go to text message & uncheck the box that says flash light for x amount of time.... do the same for missed phone calls, etc...

horndoctor 07-05-2009 02:47 AM

Well, the lights flashing shouldn't be draining that much power.
Are you using the standard lock or something like s2u2?
Also, you can set sounds and notifications to only flash lights for a designated time.
Check and make sure that your device isn't connecting to the internet and downloading data all the time. I would bet that is what is draining the battery.
Set it to send/recieve every hour or two hours and see if that helps.

Speedy624 07-05-2009 02:53 AM

I'm using the standard lock and don't think the light is the problem, I also send/receive data manually. When on standby the TP is blank but when I get a missed call or text message it sometimes stays on.

horndoctor 07-05-2009 02:55 AM

It shouldn't stay on.
Something is set wrong or some kind of defect.

Speedy624 07-05-2009 03:00 AM

I've done what Brivers73 has said and will post back later to see whether that has solved the problem.

boredandtattooed 07-05-2009 05:22 AM

you said its in a locker right? im willing to bet your service is garbage.. its not the led, that doesnt pull enough power to drastically affect your battery like that..

i personally think its the fact that your phone is probably going in and out of roam and ev/1x constantly.. that causes a big increase in battery consumption if your going back and forth from roam alot...

shellguy 07-05-2009 11:36 AM

I would have to agree with Bored that your locker is prob metal and getting very bad sig inside of it. Forcing Roam and 1x switching often. Try putting ur phone in flight mode one day and see what happens. When you come off flight mode you should get ur txts and such.

Will

Speedy624 07-05-2009 02:53 PM

I don't use Roam though, use WAP to connect to the internet but everything is set to manual.

HBOOT 07-05-2009 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Weak signal is more likely the culprit. to check it out either put the phone on flight mode and see what it does or put it on Roam only and see if u get a signal. U will need to have a cab installed and under phone setting/roaming you will get the Roam only option