PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 01:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

othersteve is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any tips on how to speed up Touch Pro (dialer skins, etc)?

Hey guys,

Been out of the loop for a bit. I know this question has been asked many a time, but if anyone's got a moment to type up any life-changing alterations they've made to their Touch Pro which have improved speed, etc, I'd love to hear them. It's kind of hard to dig around and find up-to-date information about this sort of stuff even here on PPCG.

Only thing is, I don't want to go to a custom ROM (about to take a trip, don't want to fool with it at the moment) or do anything that could screw something up. Currently I run Mobile Shell 3 in place of TouchFlo3D and that seems to be helping speed some, but I've heard rumblings about improving the dialer speed and such as well (though I do really like the TP dialer skin).

I have also heard about Opera updates, but I'm hesitant to install them as I don't want to screw up the stock Sprint Opera installation (some other Opera builds, if I recall correctly, did).

Thanks guys!

Steve
Old 07-04-2009, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouCh PrO

whiteguy025 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Any tips on how to speed up Touch Pro (dialer skins, etc)?

Try disabling ur key tones.. that worked for me..
Old 07-04-2009, 03:43 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Any tips on how to speed up Touch Pro (dialer skins, etc)?

threads like this are fun..

anthing anyones gonna tell you will be diff, and possibly not do the same for you...

it all depends on what your trying to do, how often, how much memory u have remaining, push/no push, send/recieve schedules.. 1 guys "battery tweak/solution" might work for him, but maybe he doesnt browse as much as you, or txt, or call, etc.. see my point yet??

also if your running stock, the newest version of opera will dl and operate without a hitch, its the people that flash roms that have troubles when new builds of things are released.. new builds are released for stock roms by nature.. so go ahead and get that...

you can disable the htc dialpad and itll give ya the old one from the mogul days.. thats a lil speed thing some people like.. the tachi dialer is popular as of late, very skinable, but i dont know if its bloated and causes lag or not, i dont use it..

some weather apps, battery meter apps, and other utility apps have memory leaks and can cause lag... too many txts in your threaded messaging can cause big lag all over... making sure your cache folders are clean can improve speed online...

its all just little things man, some work, some dont, some makes things worse... its all trial and error.. we all have different stories good or bad about most of the exact same battery and speed tweaks and hacks....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro