PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hou_devry@yahoo.com is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Sprint Touch Pro Rom Help

Hello I have a few questions basically I have read through thread after thread since there are like 10 million threads and there are to many that they repeat and confuse and before I do anything I want straight answers so talk to me like I'm 3.

I have the Sprint HTC Touch Pro I love the phone and want to install the best ROM possible and all the tweaks and which I know how to unlock flash and re-lock my phone already.

What I want to know is does anyone have a link to the newest and best ROM available. And then I also have a collection of cabs for my phone from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-453349.html but are these the newest. I have previously installed the mighty ROM but it was completely different from any phone that I have found videos that did the same ROM is it the theme that makes their phone like like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnvwKFzSy2w

I know most of you are going to read this and think I am stupid but I am just trying to get the most straight answers possible before I do anything to my phone since the last thing I wanna do is brick a $400 phone. I really like the way that a lot of the phones look in videos but they don't answer all the questions and thread after thread just become redundant.

Basically I just want the newest ROM for my phone to work great run fast and look good I don't need an extremely lot of programs on my phone if anyone would be so kind to help me I would appreciate it but if your just going to try to send me to more threads then no thanks cause I have read to many as is!
Old 07-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint Touch Pro Rom Help

HOLY CRAP!!! You can actually brick one of these phones?

I must have flashed at least 13 or 14 ROMS so far in the last week or two. And I am still in the search for the perfect "for me" ROM. And I am afraid you are in for the same faith as I am. I have found two that come close, the one I have now is Energy ROM and in 2nd place is the SsS0201 ROM The Chef of the SsS ROM will be coming out with a new version soon. But as far as the best or the newest, that will be up to you to choose, because there will be a lot of opinions about that.

Old 07-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The "perfect ROM" would be the one u cook to your liking IMHO....
Old 07-05-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dman9821 is just getting started

I've tried a good amount of roms, such as Demoliton, SsS, Mighty 4 & 5, Psyki, Silence, Silence and Mighty's Viva La Revolution, and Energy's 'phoenix' and 'magic', I'm currently on 'magic' and it's my favorite rom as of right now- it came out june 30th, so 6 days ago, oh btw since it erases all your memory when you flash just make sure u save at least ur contacts, a good program for that is PIM backup, and then since your phone will be wiped of everything it'll be a good time to just try a couple of roms and see which one you like best before adding all your personal customizations like your different cabs, whether they're applications or games, then I would also check out TSOwens's thread on custom taskbars, its a .cab application and it makes your phone look a lot better and more to your liking

Roms I've Used:
-Mighty Rom (4 and 5)
-Psyki
-SsS
-Demolition
-Viva La Revolution

Currently Running:
Energy Rom 'Photon'

Old 07-05-2009, 11:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

I've used Mighty Mike's 6.5 and 6.1 ROMS and they are very clean and good on the battery...I liked the customizations in Psyki and it's very user friendly, but text input and portrait to landscape had major delays for some reason...just tried out Super Multimedia ROM and it's great so far...ton of built-ins that I like, super fast, and decent battery life...but like others have said, it's a matter of personal opinion...some users like the cooks to put in a lot of stuff, others like lite ROMs which they can then tweak to their liking with registry tweaks and CABs...
Old 07-06-2009, 12:23 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hou_devry@yahoo.com View Post
Hello I have a few questions basically I have read through thread after thread since there are like 10 million threads and there are to many that they repeat and confuse and before I do anything I want straight answers so talk to me like I'm 3.
1) Welcome to PPCGeeks

2) You should have posted this thread in the device forum, not the upgrade forum (as per forum rules)

3) I would recommend changing your username to something other than your email (just my 2ยข)

4) In regards to opinions on ROMs you will receive several different answers, from several different people...
Old 07-06-2009, 11:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724
Talking Re: Sprint Touch Pro Rom Help

might seem like alot of reading and it is but well worth the time the cooks around here are the best but they don't know what you want,so keep on reading and you might just find the one thats perfect for you or damn close to it...as for your cabs no there are newer versions of some of them you need to use the search bar and you will find everything you need bro.

Last edited by htcman724; 07-06-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - 6850

Gardoon is keeping up the good workGardoon is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman9821 View Post
I've tried a good amount of roms, such as Demoliton, SsS, Mighty 4 & 5, Psyki, Silence, Silence and Mighty's Viva La Revolution, and Energy's 'phoenix' and 'magic', I'm currently on 'magic' and it's my favorite rom as of right now- it came out june 30th, so 6 days ago, oh btw since it erases all your memory when you flash just make sure u save at least ur contacts, a good program for that is PIM backup, and then since your phone will be wiped of everything it'll be a good time to just try a couple of roms and see which one you like best before adding all your personal customizations like your different cabs, whether they're applications or games, then I would also check out TSOwens's thread on custom taskbars, its a .cab application and it makes your phone look a lot better and more to your liking
BTW, NRG just released one last night. It's not in the subject line yet, but it's available at the German mirror.

So as it's been stated a few times here, new ones come out very often. Since I started flashing my new phone, I don't think I've gone 2 weeks without a new NRG ROM being released. You seriously need to try them all. Or at least all of the ones that have been updated in the past week.

I strongly recommend flashing from your SD card. I've had a ROM or two go south on me, and having the SD card available makes for a very easy recovery.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

I have the Sprint HTC Touch Pro I love the phone and want to install the best ROM possible and all the tweaks and which I know how to unlock flash and re-lock my phone already.

What I want to know is does anyone have a link to the newest and best ROM available. And then I also have a collection of cabs for my phone from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-453349.html but are these the newest. I have previously installed the mighty ROM but it was completely different from any phone that I have found videos that did the same ROM is it the theme that makes their phone like like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnvwKFzSy2w

I know most of you are going to read this and think I am stupid but I am just trying to get the most straight answers possible before I do anything to my phone since the last thing I wanna do is brick a $400 phone. I really like the way that a lot of the phones look in videos but they don't answer all the questions and thread after thread just become redundant.

Basically I just want the newest ROM for my phone to work great run fast and look good I don't need an extremely lot of programs on my phone if anyone would be so kind to help me I would appreciate it but if your just going to try to send me to more threads then no thanks cause I have read to many as is!
I was in your boat a few weeks back. Feel free to PM me for suggestions and questions. I am on AIM most all day, so that would be an easy way to get back and forth.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Quote:
I know how to unlock flash and re-lock my phone already.
I just want to point out (in case you are doing it) that you should not be re-locking your phone after a flash. You don't re-lock unless you have gone back to stock and you are taking it in to Sprint for service or something along those lines.

Good luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro