PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vindication84 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vindication84
Stylus problems

Just today, some weird things started happening with my stylus. First, it just completely stopped being magnetic. When i took out the stylus, it would be effortless, and i had to manually put it all the way in. When i put it all the way in, it didn't feel like it "clicked" in... it was kind of "mushy" (for lack of a better word). After playing with it for a little bit, I eventually got it to work again. Then, a few hours later, it happened again. After a while of playing with it, I got it to work kind of halfway. The stylus was kind of hard to pull out (felt like it usually does.. magnetically held) but when I went to put it back in, I had to manually do it. Now it is back to normal. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 07-05-2009, 11:11 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Stylus problems

I think you might have some schmutz in there. lol
Old 07-06-2009, 12:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yes, I've had these issues also. The magnetic piece is on a track that the stylus slides in to. I think it's glued on and can come loose. I took my back off and pressed it back in place.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo, Palm Pre, Galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

glidersgalore is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to glidersgalore

I have had to have my TP replaced 6 times due to this and the switch that turns the phone on falls out.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

butchwhitt is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
yes, I've had these issues also. The magnetic piece is on a track that the stylus slides in to. I think it's glued on and can come loose. I took my back off and pressed it back in place.
On my TP the stylus itself is magnetic.... maybe there is a metal strip inside that the stylus sticks to.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: Stylus problems

First of all, the stylus is not an electro magnet. It can't lose being magnetic and then become magnetic again because there is no power going into it. The stylus itself is magnetic, hence why it sticks to my car or any other metal surface. So for you to say that the stylus lost magnetism is kinda weird and not a smart comment.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

vindication84 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to vindication84

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
First of all, the stylus is not an electro magnet. It can't lose being magnetic and then become magnetic again because there is no power going into it. The stylus itself is magnetic, hence why it sticks to my car or any other metal surface. So for you to say that the stylus lost magnetism is kinda weird and not a smart comment.
alright... the stylus stopped being magnetically attracted to the phone. better?
Old 07-06-2009, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

zepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzepsamsung is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindication84 View Post
alright... the stylus stopped being magnetically attracted to the phone. better?
Look for the break down of the phone, it will show you how the stylus works in the phone and could help you fix this issue.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepsamsung View Post
Look for the break down of the phone, it will show you how the stylus works in the phone and could help you fix this issue.
the answer to the question at the beginning is yes other people have had this happen, there is already multiple threads going on about this issue, so this thread can be closed. The consensus to have the device swapped out for another one and there is no gaurantee it wont happen again

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 07-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: VZW

Guero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuffGuero knows their stuff

That was the only thing that worked for me, getting it replaced.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro