PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   New problem- no data + no username! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73691)

kabuk1 07-04-2009 04:01 AM

New problem- no data + no username!

So I got my refurb today & I have no data, no username, and the MSL I got off sprint.com does NOT work to reprogram it. I have installed carrier cabs, ran IOTA, done everything I can think of aside from chucking it at the wall. What do I do? Please help me. I am getting SO pissed.

horndoctor 07-04-2009 04:04 AM

Re: New problem- no data + no username!

Oh, quit cryin!
lol jk:)

kabuk1 07-04-2009 04:07 AM

I'm not crying.... yet. You must understand, I'm a data hoor. My veins are starting to itch.

What pisses me off is that the guy who programmed it at the store had a big yellow "In Training" badge on & it took him like 20 minutes just to get it up & running. I'm thinking he fubared something. Damnit I wish they'd have just let me do it myself!!! Gahd.

horndoctor 07-04-2009 04:14 AM

That sucks!
Dang Trainees!
I wish I knew what to tell ya.
I suppose you have already done a hard reset.
Maybe that trainee didn't deactivate your other phone properly!?
When I got my Vogue it wasn't working when the guy gave it to me at the store and that was the problem. dunno

codybear 07-04-2009 04:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1013774)
So I got my refurb today & I have no data, no username, and the MSL I got off sprint.com does NOT work to reprogram it. I have installed carrier cabs, ran IOTA, done everything I can think of aside from chucking it at the wall. What do I do? Please help me. I am getting SO pissed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1013782)
I'm not crying.... yet. You must understand, I'm a data hoor. My veins are starting to itch.

What pisses me off is that the guy who programmed it at the store had a big yellow "In Training" badge on & it took him like 20 minutes just to get it up & running. I'm thinking he fubared something. Damnit I wish they'd have just let me do it myself!!! Gahd.

lol, I'm right there with you.
but it seems like you never really have good luck with phones,
so I doubt its the newb sprint guy that did it. haha.
I would have said isntall carrier cabs,
but you said you tried that.
other than making sure you soft-reset after the carrier cab install,
or trying a hard reset, I have no other ideas....

and in the even that you have tried those to no avail,
this post becomes nothing more than a ...bump...

kabuk1 07-04-2009 04:21 AM

I'm gonna go back tomorrow & strangle him. I just tried reflashing to stock and I STILL can't program a damn thing. GOD I HATE IDIOTS. I AM gonna go cry now...

bunnytrigger 07-04-2009 05:06 AM

(With the understanding that its 4am my time)

why dont you just call them up and make sure they didn't remove something from the package?. Verify everything is as is supposed to be on their end. After making sure, PM me, i know how to fix. Actualy, just jumping in the chat and asking for help wil get you back and running.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues and it sucks that I just checked in today.

kabuk1 07-04-2009 05:44 AM

You have been PMed, but I managed to fix it while I was PMing you so it's a long, strange PM lol...

What happened was the original data profiling somehow got interrupted, and when I flashed my MSL got changed so I couldn't even reset it. Get SPC didn't work, and I couldn't figure out how to use PocketpuTTY to save my life, but Baf's MSL Grabber worked great. I managed to reset the data profile which hard reset the phone, and all is now well.

Gott in Himmel, thank you.

I'm kinda scared to flash back to MightyRom now lol...