PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 06:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Verizon

degojoe83 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lost stock touch input options after flashing

I'm relatively new to the whole unlocking thing, and I just flashed my htc touch pro from verizon with MightyRom5. aside from all the changes, one thing i've noticed so far is that I lost my compact QWERTY input method. anyone know how to get it back?
and also, how do i relock it or go to another type of rom? i tried reverting to the Raphael_VZW_HSPL_035, but after i flashed it with that and checked what rom image it was, the program showed that it was still mightyrom.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola A855 Droid

vesty16277 is keeping up the good workvesty16277 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to vesty16277
Re: Lost stock touch input options after flashing

Do a search for "keyboards" and HSPL I don't think is a rom. I think its an unlocker or relocker. I could be completely wrong though. I just leave mine unlocked to go from rom to rom unless I need to take it in for work then you'd want to relock it and flash the original rom.
1- Motorola A855 Droid
1 - Flesh Light
Old 07-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by degojoe83 View Post
I'm relatively new to the whole unlocking thing, and I just flashed my htc touch pro from verizon with MightyRom5. aside from all the changes, one thing i've noticed so far is that I lost my compact QWERTY input method. anyone know how to get it back?
and also, how do i relock it or go to another type of rom? i tried reverting to the Raphael_VZW_HSPL_035, but after i flashed it with that and checked what rom image it was, the program showed that it was still mightyrom.
I am not sure about the vzw hspl but I am pretty sure you RELOCKED your TP. When it is unlocked on the bootloader it should say SPL-0.37.CMONEX, the keyboard thing you need to install whichever keyboard you want. Mike left those out because ton of people were wanting Different keyboards. Now for the roms...... once your phone is unlocked just pick whichever rom you like and run the update utility with your phone in bootloader mode (reset phone then hold the power button down with the VOLUME button down until the TRI colored screen appears) and connected to your PC. Without the usb cable it should say SERIAL on the bottom of the tri colored screen as soon as you connect your usb cable it will say USB. Hope this helps
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:07 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

only need to unlock one time ever... you dont have to relock, unlock, to flash again... once unlocked, your good to go permantely....unless you relock, only need that for getting ur device serviced
Old 07-04-2009, 05:13 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

degojoe83 is a n00b

awesome after a few LATE nights I'm figuring it out thanks
Old 07-04-2009, 05:27 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

degojoe83 is a n00b

where can i download new keyboard input methods, I kinda liked the compact qwerty, anyone know where i can redownload it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro