PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

craiggiarc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help with New Alltel HTC Touch Pro PRL

I've just upgraded from an Alltel Moto Q to an Alltel HTC Touch Pro.

On the Q I was able to manually update the PRL from 30042 to 40042 so that I could get on EVDO speeds.

I've searched this site and have seen instructions for Sprint but can't find a solution for Alltel.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Craig
Old 07-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Help with New Alltel HTC Touch Pro PRL

Took me a bit of searching, but I found it:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65925
Old 07-04-2009, 01:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Carrier formerly known as Alltel

diveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiveman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiggiarc View Post
I've just upgraded from an Alltel Moto Q to an Alltel HTC Touch Pro.

On the Q I was able to manually update the PRL from 30042 to 40042 so that I could get on EVDO speeds.

I've searched this site and have seen instructions for Sprint but can't find a solution for Alltel.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

Craig
check here bud http://www.the-answerman.com/sidlist/prl/
Old 07-04-2009, 03:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

rune-san is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to rune-san Send a message via Skype™ to rune-san

Can someone explain this to a newb? When you get the data plan aren't you simply getting the fastest speed that your phone and current location can support?
Old 07-04-2009, 04:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune-san View Post
Can someone explain this to a newb? When you get the data plan aren't you simply getting the fastest speed that your phone and current location can support?
Yes.
but
The 400xx series prl's are for air cards, so they are more likely to pick a tower with evdo.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Foots is becoming a great contributor

Just do *228 and select option 2. It will give you a prl to Verizon's towers and still show you on a home network, unlike before when the triangle flashed.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:01 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foots View Post
Just do *228 and select option 2. It will give you a prl to Verizon's towers and still show you on a home network, unlike before when the triangle flashed.
doing that will only give him the newest 300xx series PRL. He wants to load the 400xx series for the reason i stated in my previous post.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

craiggiarc is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
doing that will only give him the newest 300xx series PRL. He wants to load the 400xx series for the reason i stated in my previous post.
Thanks razorloves, that's excately what I was looking for, although I didn't realize until now that rA is better than EVDO! I had rA before upgrading the PRL but now I still have it with the updated PRL.

As there are a bunch of Alltel HTC Touch Pro users reading this can I ask a couple of other specific questions about the our phone?

1. Is GPS already unlocked or do I need to do something to the phone? It just never gets a lock on a satalite when I try it via Google Maps.

2. My TP seems sluggish, whould one of the many 'cooked' ROMS on here make it better/faster? If so how do you decide which one to use?

This forum looks like a great resource, just a little intimidating too!

Thanks in advance

Craig
Old 07-04-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Foots is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
30041 is what he'll get and that gives him what he wants. He will be on Verizon's EVDO network. All he wanted was EVDO speeds.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiggiarc View Post
Thanks razorloves, that's excately what I was looking for, although I didn't realize until now that rA is better than EVDO! I had rA before upgrading the PRL but now I still have it with the updated PRL.

As there are a bunch of Alltel HTC Touch Pro users reading this can I ask a couple of other specific questions about the our phone?

1. Is GPS already unlocked or do I need to do something to the phone? It just never gets a lock on a satalite when I try it via Google Maps.

2. My TP seems sluggish, whould one of the many 'cooked' ROMS on here make it better/faster? If so how do you decide which one to use?

This forum looks like a great resource, just a little intimidating too!

Thanks in advance

Craig
You're welcome man.
1. GPS is already unlocked. You just have to go to Start-Settings-Phone-Services tab, click on Get Settings and turn that ON to enable the GPS. Then use QuickGPS to do an update, then open Google Maps and click menu and Use GPS and it should work.
2. A custom rom will DEFINITELY make your phone faster. It only takes a few minutes to flash a custom rom on your phone, so I suggest just trying them out and see which one you like best.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro