PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Title bar battery meter horribly innacurate? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73676)

wayne64ss 07-03-2009 10:26 PM

Title bar battery meter horribly innacurate?

Hey guys! Running the Mighty ROM 5 and still loving it! Here's the deal. On my Sprint TP I have the battery icon in the taskbar, and it is horribly innacurate. It won't move off 100% until the phone is down to at least 70%. When it finally does start moving it reads about 20% higher than the actual battery is. Funny thing is if i touch on the taskbar and view the battery meter there it is dead accurate. Any ideas?

My extras are NueBattery, and CMYLXGOs.EneregyROM.Blue.HTC.Start.Button

Any ideas? Thanks in advance guys.

vindication84 07-03-2009 10:32 PM

Re: Title bar battery meter horribly innacurate?

use vistahide battery meter (i think that's what it's called). it has a very thin bar that spans the top of the screen and is visible in every application. very accurate and helpful.

wayne64ss 07-03-2009 10:47 PM

i would really just like the icon to work properly, i like it the best. thanks though!

Mylt1 07-04-2009 12:08 AM

im having the same issue on 6.5. battery shows 50% but battery was down to 20 when i checked it. i have not found a fix for this yet. im thinking of downloading some of the custom icons and see if they are any better. im thinking(hoping) its just an icon issue.

codybear 07-04-2009 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vindication84 (Post 1013376)
use vistahide battery meter (i think that's what it's called). it has a very thin bar that spans the top of the screen and is visible in every application. very accurate and helpful.

actually batti 2.4 is better. :D
you can skin it 100% and adjust sooo much more.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayne64ss (Post 1013407)
i would really just like the icon to work properly, i like it the best. thanks though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mylt1 (Post 1013528)
im having the same issue on 6.5. battery shows 50% but battery was down to 20 when i checked it. i have not found a fix for this yet. im thinking of downloading some of the custom icons and see if they are any better. im thinking(hoping) its just an icon issue.

mine works like it should, decreases every 25%.
I'm using nfsfan's 104 rom,
bout to upgrade when he comes out with the 106 that I read somewhere should be tonight.

Mylt1 07-04-2009 12:30 AM

the battery meeter off 6.1 is one of the things i miss. it gave 83% or 55% not just this 1/4 BS. thats one thing i need to work on. i miss the actual amount of battery i have left. if i want to see the actual amount i have to go into start and open system info.

k_semler 07-04-2009 02:39 AM

I use dci Battery and Qwerty Memory meter. It is almost identical to VistaBattery, except it also shows the amount of free RAM on your device. since discovery, I've installed it first after every flash that I do. The application is available here: http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Sy...ry-73478.shtml

codybear 07-04-2009 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mylt1 (Post 1013564)
the battery meeter off 6.1 is one of the things i miss. it gave 83% or 55% not just this 1/4 BS. thats one thing i need to work on. i miss the actual amount of battery i have left. if i want to see the actual amount i have to go into start and open system info.

you can go to the custom taskbar thread (the one for 6.5) and it will tell you waht to do in there to get the percentage steps on the taskbar itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by k_semler (Post 1013714)
I use dci Battery and Qwerty Memory meter. It is almost identical to VistaBattery, except it also shows the amount of free RAM on your device. since discovery, I've installed it first after every flash that I do. The application is available here: http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Sy...ry-73478.shtml

is it skinable? that would be awesome.
otherwise I'll stick to batti 2.4 as it's the same battery bar, but totally customizable with looks within the program itself. no modding files or antyhing,
good if you liek to chang ethemes alot like me.

jmorton10 07-04-2009 09:47 AM

Most people aren't using Vistahide anymore as it seems to cause massive KB lag (in the TP anyway)

~John

codybear 07-04-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1013951)
Most people aren't using Vistahide anymore as it seems to cause massive KB lag (in the TP anyway)

~John

yeah, that's what I read a bunch of places.
Didn't have that problem with batti 2.4