PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro won't boot up?

Hey Geeks!

Bought a used Touch Pro for my mom yesterday. Everything...and I mean everything worked on the phone. I activated it for her, tested data, phone, and texting.

I unlocked the phone, flashed Sprint radio 1.1, and MightyROM 4. Installed a few cabs like SPB Backup and such. My brother delivered the phone to her. She called me and texted me, so I know it was working...

She was playing with it and ran the battery down...then plugged it to the wall charger overnight.

This morning, she went to check the phone and it was not turned on...so she turned it on. Apparently, it flashes the Touch Pro logo, but never the firmware and radio versions at the bottom of the screen. It just sits at this point. I tried to walk her through a Hard Reset, but it was too complicated for her.

Any ideas on what's going on? I won't get the phone back until probably late tomorrow, but I would love to save the trip to me if I can troubleshoot it over the phone!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Touch Pro won't boot up?

Your best bet is a hard reset at this point.... Did she try a soft reset?
Old 07-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff

I figured we're looking at a hard reset. If by soft reset, you mean turning the phone on and off...the phone won't boot.

Tried taking the battery out and firing up the phone...same deal.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

take battery out and let it sit for a couple seconds. then put it back in. hook it up to the charger and hit the soft reset button. i have read this worked.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You might need a reflash. I've had this happen once where it kept on rebooting itself, even after a hard reset. I could only fix it by reflashing a ROM.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
take battery out and let it sit for a couple seconds. then put it back in. hook it up to the charger and hit the soft reset button. i have read this worked.
Tried it!

I will go for the reflash. Unfortunately, she had to deactivate it and go back to her old dumbphone. I'll get hands on with the phone tomorrow!

Thanks Guys...I'll let you know what happens!
Old 07-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks for the imput guys. Got the phone today. Tried some reflashing and such, but it didn't help...

What happened was somehow the battery connection pins on the phone got bent, so they weren't connecting to the battery. Unbent a staple and used that to get them back into place...and now it's working like a champ!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

so whos phone was it? would be cool if you found somebody that sold it for cheap cuz it was "broken" and it was just a simple fix
Old 07-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
so whos phone was it? would be cool if you found somebody that sold it for cheap cuz it was "broken" and it was just a simple fix

That would be pretty sweet! Unfortunately, not the case. The girl I bought it from was buying a new phone. She literally deactivated it and handed it to me. I had to send her a list of her phone numbers from the phone, because Sprint couldn't get them to move to her new Blackberry!

Can you imagine just trusting a complete stranger with your phone and hoping they did the right thing and deleted all your personal data!?!

Lucky for her, I'm not a douche...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro