PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 11:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Scratched my screen :'(

Hey everyone. I had a Verizon touch pro for 8 months that did not come with a screen protector, so it never got one. After 8 months of mainly finger/fingernail and stylus heavy use: not one scratch on it. A few weeks ago I got a sprint touch pro which did come with a screen protector but I figured if the screen on my other one was so resilient then it wasn't needed (plus I ordered a demo touch pro from sprint a while ago and my boss tried to apply the screen protector on it but failed miserably and it looked awful - did not want to attempt and mess up my shiny new device) ... Well today I did a number on it: about 4 close hairline scratches from flying through the 6.5 start menu . I could not feel them with my finger, but when I ran over them with a stylus they were noticeable. I promptly applied a screen protector (which was actually easy and looks fine) to reduce any possible further damage done to the screen from use with the scratches. I read that toothpaste being a mild abrasive would do wonders on screens. I am thinking of trying this when I get home. I will remove my screen protector, apply the toothpaste and do my best at buffing out the scratches. My main concern is this: I am definitely going to apply another screen protector. Since scratch removal really wears down the screen to create an even surface, will I be able to apply the screen protector without bubbles due to the slightly uneven surface?
Thanks!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
Re: Scratched my screen :'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
Hey everyone. I had a Verizon touch pro for 8 months that did not come with a screen protector, so it never got one. After 8 months of mainly finger/fingernail and stylus heavy use: not one scratch on it. A few weeks ago I got a sprint touch pro which did come with a screen protector but I figured if the screen on my other one was so resilient then it wasn't needed (plus I ordered a demo touch pro from sprint a while ago and my boss tried to apply the screen protector on it but failed miserably and it looked awful - did not want to attempt and mess up my shiny new device) ... Well today I did a number on it: about 4 close hairline scratches from flying through the 6.5 start menu . I could not feel them with my finger, but when I ran over them with a stylus they were noticeable. I promptly applied a screen protector (which was actually easy and looks fine) to reduce any possible further damage done to the screen from use with the scratches. I read that toothpaste being a mild abrasive would do wonders on screens. I am thinking of trying this when I get home. I will remove my screen protector, apply the toothpaste and do my best at buffing out the scratches. My main concern is this: I am definitely going to apply another screen protector. Since scratch removal really wears down the screen to create an even surface, will I be able to apply the screen protector without bubbles due to the slightly uneven surface?
Thanks!
Yes at Best Buy, you can buy those screen protectors for like $20 and they come with a solution that you apply them with, they are 100% better than the protectors that come with the phone in my opinion! Good luck

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidzero View Post
Will I be able to apply the screen protector without bubbles due to the slightly uneven surface?
Thanks!
Won't really know until u try... good luck
Old 07-02-2009, 11:46 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

I will give it a shot. I like the way the stock screen protector feels as compared to the screen without. It feels like the VZW screen did.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work

You will have no problems with bubbles from polishing the scratches out. Also, the stock screen protector, if applied correctly, looks better and better each day. After I applied mine, any fogginess/bubbles that I had went away within a few days, and you can't tell that there is a screen protector on it at all now.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:29 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Thank you, jye75. I feel much better about taking toothpaste to my phone now.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:01 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

toothpaste? what are you guys polishing up, some sneakers lol

toothpaste would be considered an abrasive cleaner in this sitution.. id skip the paste and just do the screen protector, you wont feel those scrathes with it on...

also try Cuttin your nails homie, somethings certianly wrong if your scratching your screen from finger scrolling... turn up you screen sensitivity using advanced config or something
Old 07-02-2009, 04:20 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
You will have no problems with bubbles from polishing the scratches out. Also, the stock screen protector, if applied correctly, looks better and better each day. After I applied mine, any fogginess/bubbles that I had went away within a few days, and you can't tell that there is a screen protector on it at all now.
I LOVE the stock protector. With my newly replaced TP, I took some extra care in putting this protector on. It took about 25 tries to get it exactly on there with no edges being exposed past the LCD itself.

Needless to say, they really did make the screen protector the EXACT size of the LCD.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post

Needless to say, they really did make the screen protector the EXACT size of the LCD.
LOL, yea they did.

I put one of those on for my boss last week & they are a real PITA to line up correctly just because there is no margin for error whatever.

I use the Brando Ultraclear protectors on mine which are the best you can buy (& MUCH easier to install), but I agree that the stock one does work very well once you get it correctly installed.....

~John
Old 07-02-2009, 04:53 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I use the Brando Ultraclear protectors on mine which are the best you can buy (& MUCH easier to install), but I agree that the stock one does work very well once you get it correctly installed.....

~John
I'll have to check them out if the stock one doesn't work out for whatever reason.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro