PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: USCC HTC PPC 6800

Carnage04 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TouchFLo 3D - Disappointing?

I have had a US Cellular HTC Touch Pro for just a few days, upgrading from the US Cellular HTC PPC 6800. I've been trying to stay with the new TouchFlo 3D interface but I really feel that while it certainly looks prettier than the normal "Today" main screen it doesn't seem nearly as intuitive or quick to use. Even things like Text/EMAIL/Missed Call information seems to take more time to really navigate to.

I was just wondering if anybody else feels this way, if they got over it on time, and if there is a good TouchFlo type theme that acts as a nice intermediate between the two. I will probably heavily modify the phone in a month or two but I want to try to get an idea of what works for me and what does not before I begin flashing the ROM and such.

Carnage
Old 07-02-2009, 08:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: TouchFLo 3D - Disappointing?

tf sux mem and battery stock, either flash or i love mobile shell3. change phone info also please.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

drebbe is keeping up the good workdrebbe is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage04 View Post
I have had a US Cellular HTC Touch Pro for just a few days, upgrading from the US Cellular HTC PPC 6800. I've been trying to stay with the new TouchFlo 3D interface but I really feel that while it certainly looks prettier than the normal "Today" main screen it doesn't seem nearly as intuitive or quick to use. Even things like Text/EMAIL/Missed Call information seems to take more time to really navigate to.

I was just wondering if anybody else feels this way, if they got over it on time, and if there is a good TouchFlo type theme that acts as a nice intermediate between the two. I will probably heavily modify the phone in a month or two but I want to try to get an idea of what works for me and what does not before I begin flashing the ROM and such.

Carnage
I had the same problems with it. Isn't fast to navigate, slows down the phone, and its ugly (looks 10x better then the today screen though). I was using homescreen ui w/clock until I started using titanium with wm6.5.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

Quote:

Carnage
hmm in my rom tf3d2 is pretty quick and i think its easy to navigate around to text missed calls ect.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:

Carnage
I went back to HTC Home...not as pretty but it's quicker to use. And I don't need picture tabs and other excessive things cluttering up my UI.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tjoneil is a n00b

I'm on Silence/Mighty's build and Touch Flo moves fast enough. I got rid of the photo album tab... it always seems to lag on that one.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjoneil View Post
I'm on Silence/Mighty's build and Touch Flo moves fast enough. I got rid of the photo album tab... it always seems to lag on that one.
I would probably find it more useful if it combined email and text onto the main page, it's really not all that useful on separate tabs.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

I used Silence/Mighty and never had a problem with tf3d, in fact, I'll probably go back to their ROM soon!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 07-03-2009, 12:24 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

Go with SPB MS - fast, customizable and does not suck the battery.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

point ui is always a good choice too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro