PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

WhiteWidow is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
45+ Shoutcast Radio Stations in your start menu!

Don't know if anyone is doing this but I decided to post a lil tut on it :P

This will allow you to choose Shoutcast Radio station very easily via the start button. You must have a app capable of playing Shoutcast streams, like Core player or TCPMP.

First i went to the Shoutcast website and downloaded the tunein-station.pls file for the specific station I wanted, then renamed it to that stations ID. Continued that same process for all the stations I wanted. To make it simpler I have zipped up mine and attached it here. There are 45 stations in the .zip

For me I placed the extracted folder in to a music folder on my storage card. Then I selected all of the .pls files and copied them using File Explorer. Created another folder named the same thing in another location I could edit the shortcuts on my computer with. That was \My Documents\My Music\Shoutcast Radio Stations\. Then I pasted as a shortcut all the .pls files I copied from the storage card into this folder. No when this is done every file had "shortcut to....." appended to the front of it which is not ideal for shortcuts in the start menu. So i used my computer to locate that dir and removed the appendages.

After making the shortcuts nice and pretty, cut that entire "Shoutcast Radio Stations folder using File Explorer and browse to the \Winfdows\Start Menu\Programs dir and paste it into there or what ever folder you want inside there.

This should create Icons that are selectable via the start menu and launch your streaming app and play your favorite station.

You may need to launch the original .pls file once to associate it with the program.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Shoutcast Radio Stations.rar (15.3 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by WhiteWidow; 07-02-2009 at 05:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: 45 Shoutcast Radio Stations in your start menu!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0002.jpg (14.9 KB, 72 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-02-2009, 04:40 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: 45 Shoutcast Radio Stations in your start menu!

so whats this have to do with the Touch Pro specifically? shouldnt this be in the software forum, since any user using core or tcpmp can use this???

good find though, i guess
Old 07-02-2009, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Angry Re: 45 Shoutcast Radio Stations in your start menu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
so whats this have to do with the Touch Pro specifically? shouldnt this be in the software forum, since any user using core or tcpmp can use this???

good find though, i guess

I didn't find this anywhere was just bored and wanted my Shoutcast radio on my TP. Figured i did it on my TP so I posted it here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro