PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6.1 or 6.5

can someone just give me a quick answer why someone would NOT want 6.5. im not educated enough in this to know the subtle differences but are there major differences and is it just that some of you dont think its stabile yet? thanks
Old 07-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: 6.1 or 6.5

One of the reasons why I chose not to switch to 6.5 yet was some of my favorite apps not yet compatible with the OS but that should change soon. It's a great step forward by MS.... try it for yourself & see how u like it.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP
Carrier: VZW

ZachAtak is a n00b

I am in IT and use my phone Heavily. 6.5 has been VERY stable, i was glad to ditch TF3d. What ROM were you thinking about running?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

gorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good workgorelow is keeping up the good work

im trying techs rom. just dont know the main diffrence. is there any visual or all speed
Old 07-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
One of the reasons why I chose not to switch to 6.5 yet was some of my favorite apps not yet compatible with the OS but that should change soon. It's a great step forward by MS.... try it for yourself & see how u like it.
Which apps are incompatible
Old 07-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Pocket Informant, Photo Contacts PRO, & a cab install of menu enhancement
Old 07-02-2009, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Yea, I can't get Photo Contact Pro to work either, but when I posted that someone else said it worked fine for them. We where running different ROM's however (I run merdin's 6.5 & I love it)

~John
Old 07-02-2009, 01:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Verizon

degojoe83 is a n00b

anyone know how to unlock the touch scroll wheel in 6.5? Diamond tweak won't do it, and my advanced config 3.3 won't open
Old 07-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

6.5 menus suck. also, when you want to delete multiple texts or emails in 6.5, you have to go to menu-select messages-several. then you will be able to highlight more than one message to be deleted. not really that big of a deal, but still a pain in the butt sometimes.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

yes i agree with that. i mis being able to run my finger over many emails or texts and delete them all at once

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro