PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 02:38 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Swapped my TP for the first time

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwally View Post
I'm still on my original phone. Got it back in November and it still looks and works great. Slide works perfectly. Still has the original stock rom with a 9/12/08 date! I want to try different roms but I'm just lazy I guess. I have tried several different radios and updated some of the graphics though!
anymore????? great to hear some people still are on phone 1 still.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:47 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

1 replacement out of 3 TP, and it was my original.. complete keyboard failure.. my other 2 are running strong though..

i love the suggestion from the OP, that just because of a build date means you have to turn in your PRO, how bout waiting till something goes wrong for someone else OP lol
Old 07-02-2009, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
Does anybody still have the original they got? Has everyone got a replacement?
Still have original (Nov 2008 ) . Works fine. Some scratches and dents but that's my fault not a defect of the phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

TProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good workTProUserOnSprint is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
1 replacement out of 3 TP, and it was my original.. complete keyboard failure.. my other 2 are running strong though..

i love the suggestion from the OP, that just because of a build date means you have to turn in your PRO, how bout waiting till something goes wrong for someone else OP lol

Nothing really went wrong with mine. They were all problems that I could have easily lived with till my upgrade in November. I just decided to swap it out and see if the newer builds were any better. It's not really a hassle for me since I use Exchange for PIM backup, and keep my favorite cabs and ROM on my mircoSD card. It took me all of 20 minutes to get back up and running. If you have the opportunity, you might be surprised at how nice the newer build dates work. If it's a free swap and you're not entirely satisfied with your original, swap it out.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:35 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TProUserOnSprint View Post
Nothing really went wrong with mine. They were all problems that I could have easily lived with till my upgrade in November. If it's a free swap and you're not entirely satisfied with your original, swap it out.
wow, great advice, maybe our dedectables can go upto 150 or 200 even... supid frivioulous claims man, you even admitted none of it was that bad... just wanted to rape your carrier a little more huh..

i have 3 TPs...
May 22 2009
Feb 6 2009
Nov 12 2008

they all feel same, they all look identical, and all run fantastically
Old 07-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff

I bought mine the first day it came out, I got my girlfriend 1 also in may...I like mine better I can't stand the yellowish screen it looks washed out plus my backlight is brighter.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Lurker

Keyser Soze is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
anymore????? great to hear some people still are on phone 1 still.
Still on an original TP over here, and the phone is still running strong.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblkhwkz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Question to those who got refurbs from Sprint. Does the refurb come with a new screen protector? I have an original TP and my hw keyboard is going out constantly, today I think it finally decided to die completely. Going to have to flash the stock ROM back on before I head into the store tomorrow but they already told me they can only get me a refurb not a new one. Have had absolutely no issues with this phone until the keyboard started randomly going out last month. Hopefully I don't have to go through multiple refurbs like others I have read on here did to get one that wasn't full of physical damage. I have never dropped the phone or damaged it at all so the refurb better be in as good of condition as mine is and with a working keyboard of course
Old 07-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

I'll be getting my first replacement hopefully by tomorrow, I'm assuming the Sprint store already got it and is being lazy about calling me. Chrome finally started cracking (no drops, it was in that set of ESNs that had the chrome issue).
Old 07-03-2009, 04:54 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkhwkz View Post
Question to those who got refurbs from Sprint. Does the refurb come with a new screen protector? I have an original TP and my hw keyboard is going out constantly, today I think it finally decided to die completely. Going to have to flash the stock ROM back on before I head into the store tomorrow but they already told me they can only get me a refurb not a new one. Have had absolutely no issues with this phone until the keyboard started randomly going out last month. Hopefully I don't have to go through multiple refurbs like others I have read on here did to get one that wasn't full of physical damage. I have never dropped the phone or damaged it at all so the refurb better be in as good of condition as mine is and with a working keyboard of course
they replaced my keyboard instead of me getting a new phone, thats way better imo cause if it can be fixed and the rest is good, screww a referb.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro