PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro

Beerz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send SMS to *82 mobile contact

My Caller ID (CID) is blocked through sprint and there are some contacts that I have *82 before their mobile# so they know it's me calling.

When I get a text message from one of these contacts I'm unable to reply to the person in text message. The phone will send the text message to example(*821115551212) but a minute later I'll get a reply back saying that Sprint could not deliver the message. Same issue when just selecting one of these contacts from the list.

These phones just aren't smart enough to remove the *82 prefix from the mobile number for a text message.. are there any fixes or work arounds for this issue?

Thanks
Old 07-01-2009, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: Send SMS to *82 mobile contact

Stop blocking ur CID...?

Just out of curiosity, why do you have it blocked? I don't know any fix for your issue. I would just unblock your caller id and then use *67 when you call the ppl that you want to block... you could even program their contacts with *67 so you don't have to type it.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jaqual is becoming a great contributor

What I've done, more of a workaround really, is just save the contact's regular number as Mobile Phone, and the *82 number as Pager or something else, that way the normal number comes up as a reply number, and if I want to call *82 I can just select "pgr" to call them that way.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

Beerz is a n00b

because it shows my full name on the CID. Not something I want to show when I'm calling companies or wrong numbers. It's blocked not from people I know but people I don't..

I was hoping there was more of a solution as it's clearly a fault with windows mobile.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

how does your CID show your full name? when i call someone all that comes up is my number, unless its a cell and they have my name saved as a contact.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mylt1 View Post
how does your CID show your full name? when i call someone all that comes up is my number, unless its a cell and they have my name saved as a contact.

Sprint transmits your name as well. At least it does with both lines on my account

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 07-04-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Wasney is keeping up the good workWasney is keeping up the good work

You can log onto Sprint and change what it says...All my lines have the current users name...and on April Fools Day they said "other" stuff...lol
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: VZN TP
Carrier: VZN

Mylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on repMylt1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
Sprint transmits your name as well. At least it does with both lines on my account
no sh!t? i dont know anyone with sprint so guess thats why i have never see that. i think thats pretty neat but would be better if you can disable it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro