PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Send SMS to *82 mobile contact (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73426)

Beerz 07-01-2009 04:38 PM

Send SMS to *82 mobile contact

My Caller ID (CID) is blocked through sprint and there are some contacts that I have *82 before their mobile# so they know it's me calling.

When I get a text message from one of these contacts I'm unable to reply to the person in text message. The phone will send the text message to example(*821115551212) but a minute later I'll get a reply back saying that Sprint could not deliver the message. Same issue when just selecting one of these contacts from the list.

These phones just aren't smart enough to remove the *82 prefix from the mobile number for a text message.. are there any fixes or work arounds for this issue?

Thanks

apristel 07-01-2009 06:14 PM

Re: Send SMS to *82 mobile contact

Stop blocking ur CID...?

Just out of curiosity, why do you have it blocked? I don't know any fix for your issue. I would just unblock your caller id and then use *67 when you call the ppl that you want to block... you could even program their contacts with *67 so you don't have to type it.

jaqual 07-01-2009 07:48 PM

What I've done, more of a workaround really, is just save the contact's regular number as Mobile Phone, and the *82 number as Pager or something else, that way the normal number comes up as a reply number, and if I want to call *82 I can just select "pgr" to call them that way.

Beerz 07-03-2009 11:49 PM

because it shows my full name on the CID. Not something I want to show when I'm calling companies or wrong numbers. It's blocked not from people I know but people I don't..

I was hoping there was more of a solution as it's clearly a fault with windows mobile.

Mylt1 07-04-2009 12:02 AM

how does your CID show your full name? when i call someone all that comes up is my number, unless its a cell and they have my name saved as a contact.

DaPeeps 07-04-2009 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mylt1 (Post 1013517)
how does your CID show your full name? when i call someone all that comes up is my number, unless its a cell and they have my name saved as a contact.

Sprint transmits your name as well. At least it does with both lines on my account

Wasney 07-04-2009 02:38 PM

You can log onto Sprint and change what it says...All my lines have the current users name...and on April Fools Day they said "other" stuff...lol

Mylt1 07-04-2009 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaPeeps (Post 1014156)
Sprint transmits your name as well. At least it does with both lines on my account

no sh!t? i dont know anyone with sprint so guess thats why i have never see that. i think thats pretty neat but would be better if you can disable it.