PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How about a "theater mode?" (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73416)

subhumanderelict 07-01-2009 03:31 PM

How about a "theater mode?"

So I finally went to see Transformers 2 yesterday (ugh...) and during the pre-show animations, the obligatory please-silence-your-phone cartoon played. With the increasing popularity of texting, these animations now include "no texting" in addition to "no talking."

Of course, I'm not going to stop texting during movies (especially during yesterday's 150-minute POS), but what I would like to do is look a little less conspicuous when I have to. That said, is there a way to invert the background colors when texting? I hate drawing attention to myself from people behind me through the use of a 2.8" blazing-white rectangle in a darkened theater.

brushrop03 07-01-2009 03:39 PM

Re: How about a "theater mode?"

hahaha. i just dim it and hold it at some angle...but that would be cool. Maybe if you used some other msging program?

And Transformers was awesome!

heydjbobby74 07-01-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brushrop03 (Post 1008664)
hahaha. i just dim it and hold it at some angle...but that would be cool. Maybe if you used some other msging program?

And Transformers was awesome!

yeah can someone make a .cab for texting where the background is black, and the letters are white? That would be FN awesome!!!

darren.wlsn1 07-01-2009 04:31 PM

how about you just watch the movie? probably why you didnt like the flick, too busy texting. dont get what is so important you cant stop texting for an hour or so.

kayfouroh 07-01-2009 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1008805)
probably why you didnt like the flick, too busy texting. dont get what is so important you cant stop texting for an hour or so.

I bet he didn't like the movie because it was just plain bad.

subhumanderelict 07-01-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kayfouroh (Post 1008920)
I bet he didn't like the movie because it was just plain bad.

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it right there. I just felt that the movie would have been better served if a larger portion of the $200,000,000 budget were spent on decent acting/directing. Then again, this is a Michael Bay film, so that's not exactly what you go to see them for. The movie was good in the sense that it had pretty good special effects and the character interaction was pretty seamless.

But getting back on topic:

Quote:

Originally Posted by brushrop03 (Post 1008664)
i just dim it and hold it at some angle...but that would be cool. Maybe if you used some other msging program?

I tried turning it down as far as it would go, but I still felt that it was a little too bright. Which messaging programs would you recommend?

spiralspirit 07-01-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subhumanderelict (Post 1008647)
So I finally went to see Transformers 2 yesterday (ugh...) and during the pre-show animations, the obligatory please-silence-your-phone cartoon played. With the increasing popularity of texting, these animations now include "no texting" in addition to "no talking."

Of course, I'm not going to stop texting during movies (especially during yesterday's 150-minute POS), but what I would like to do is look a little less conspicuous when I have to. That said, is there a way to invert the background colors when texting? I hate drawing attention to myself from people behind me through the use of a 2.8" blazing-white rectangle in a darkened theater.

don't go to the movies. it sucks when I'm at the theater and people in front of me are using their phones/pda's. quite distracting.

If you can't not text for 2 hours, wait till it comes out on DVD and watch it at home. Don't ruin it for others.

codybear 07-01-2009 07:06 PM

Lol, don't go to movies.
Download the movies instead.
Why would you pay for propaganda and product placement? lmfao.

jmorton10 07-01-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 (Post 1008758)
yeah can someone make a .cab for texting where the background is black, and the letters are white? That would be FN awesome!!!

Vito SMS-Chat has that covered.

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/o...Screen01-9.png

~John

subhumanderelict 07-01-2009 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiralspirit (Post 1009062)
don't go to the movies. it sucks when I'm at the theater and people in front of me are using their phones/pda's. quite distracting.

If you can't not text for 2 hours, wait till it comes out on DVD and watch it at home. Don't ruin it for others.

This is why I started this thread. How could something annoy you when you don't even know it's happening? Good thing I never brought up all the other stuff I've done in the theaters... For the sake of people like you, I've only done that stuff in the back of the theater.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 1009285)
Vito SMS-Chat has that covered.

~John

Ahh, thank you! I've heard of this program, but are there any free versions?