PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   what am i doing wrong?! (yet another battery thread) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73409)

kabuk1 07-01-2009 03:09 PM

what am i doing wrong?! (yet another battery thread)

i have tried every hack, every radio, and every rom, and i am still getting craptastic battery life. wifi & bt are off, nothing is set to auto update, backlight is turned down, gps is off, ive uninstalled most of my programs in case one of them is the culprit, ive calibrated the damn battery over & over & over again, and i even exchanged the battery, all to no avail. i took it off the charger at 9:30 this morning, its now 2 and im getting low battery warnings. ive had 2 one-minute phone calls, maybe 50 texts, checked my email a few times & browsed the web for maybe 45 minutes via opera mini. i KNOW this cannot be normal, it used to be way better. even my 3000 mah battery gets sucked dry before the day is out.

i do not know what to do anymore. ive had to stop myself from hurling it against the wall many times now. im about to go back to my old m610 im so frustrated. im thinking about exchanging it cause i think my keyboard may be going bad anyway.

any ideas before it gets flushed down the toilet?

MadlyAlive 07-01-2009 03:12 PM

Re: what am i doing wrong?! (yet another battery thread)

Are you running a custom ROM? Does this still occur after a hard reset?

darren.wlsn1 07-01-2009 03:14 PM

i had decent battery life on my old tp but i just got a new one and its way better, stock but im using the tweaks but i got tons of apps loaded. no tf3d and mobile shell3 seems to be best for me. i get about 7hrs using internet and email alot.

kabuk1 07-01-2009 04:36 PM

Yeah, I'm on NFS right now. And I get the same life no matter what rom I use. I've tried disabling TF3D also & even underclocking it but it makes no difference. I'm about to call sprint & see if I can exchange it.

MadlyAlive 07-01-2009 04:38 PM

What's your build date? I had one of the originals and it was fine...I just had my exchanged through Ansurion (got a brand new one in box) and it works slightly better. It may just be your hardware, especially if you've tried new batteries and attempted to run stock.

kabuk1 07-01-2009 05:24 PM

Mine was made in February 09 I believe. I'm relocking as I type this, hopefully they'll exchange it for another one & HOPEFULLY it'll be better. It never fails- I ALWAYS get the dud, in any situation!!!

kabuk1 07-01-2009 08:05 PM

OK so I went to the sprint store a while ago & the lady there just listened to my whining, nodded her head, and wordlessly ordered me a new one. I asked her if it would cost me anything & she laughed & said, somewhat sadly, "No, these are known issues!".

So we'll see when it comes in on friday if the 'known issues' persist. I wonder if they'll make me give my old phone back?

BRIVERS73 07-01-2009 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kabuk1 (Post 1009272)
I wonder if they'll make me give my old phone back?

Pretty sure your gonna have to give up the old one...

darren.wlsn1 07-01-2009 08:30 PM

i got to keep my old one i just got a week ago. all that was wrong with old one was a gps internal issue.

BRIVERS73 07-01-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1009322)
i got to keep my old one i just got a week ago. all that was wrong with old one was a gps internal issue.

I stand corrected... I personally was never able to keep any of my PPCs when I was getting a replacement. Guess it depends on who u bring it to