PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1
Re: what am i doing wrong?! (yet another battery thread)

Hmm... the lady I talked to seemed "cool", so maybe I'll have a spare TP after all is said & done.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Rusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIPRusty Duck is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Rusty Duck

If you are using exchange active sync turn off push mode and have it check email like every 2 hours.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Problem is some people need that running.

This phone is not battery friendly. I advise an extended battery or just carry a charger everywhere like I did till I got the extended battery
Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Honestly.. the battery should last more than 12 hours, even with moderate use. I can get almost a full 24 hours... with about 80 texts and maybe 20 mins worth of phone calls with about 115 minutes of surfing thrown in there.

Some of the phones just have a crappy battery. Ive had 4 already... and trust me, not all Touch Pros are created equal. If you get one with a bad battery, ask for a replacement battery and they will usually give you one.

Ask to keep the crappy one and they might even let you keep that one... Which u can use as a spare.

I love: Swype, Pandora, AmonRa Recovery and Touiteur.
I hate: Swype (haha), 4G dropping constantly, screen protectors and losing signal in the DC subways
Old 07-02-2009, 04:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (Raphael)
Carrier: Alltel

GunterFalstaff is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to GunterFalstaff

Quote:
This phone is not battery friendly. I advise an extended battery or just carry a charger everywhere like I did till I got the extended battery
What battery did you get and how much bigger is it? i too am a little disappointed with the battery life on these =/. It will last me thru my morning classes and then i have to charge it at lunch just to make it thru the rest of the day, sometimes i just keep it plugged into my netbook in my bag with a usb cable to charge... lol
Old 07-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!
Carrier: Sprint

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Sorry to switch gears here guys, but I didn't want to start another battery thread, so if this message sucks, tell me!

I find that my battery actually charges faster when connected to my Vista PC rather than my XP, or even a wall charger! Anyone else get the same results?

For example, I plugged my phone into active sync about 11 minutes ago with only 5% batt life, it is now up to 35% batt life in just 11 mins!!!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 07-02-2009, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunterFalstaff View Post
What battery did you get and how much bigger is it? i too am a little disappointed with the battery life on these =/. It will last me thru my morning classes and then i have to charge it at lunch just to make it thru the rest of the day, sometimes i just keep it plugged into my netbook in my bag with a usb cable to charge... lol
Seidio 2000 mah
Its bigger..adds like 1/4 or half an inch or so but only on about half of it, its like a hump..its bulky but I mean when it comes down to it I'd rather have a huge phone that lasts rather than a thin paperweight.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

wish i could have a handy extra tp i think ill be getting the 2 batteries for 20 bucks on ebay sometime soon maybe then my pants will catch on fire with 2 extra batteries on my pocket :O
also go to the settings tab and click connection and turn off "download weather automatically"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro