PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   SMS question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73398)

oxxomxxo 07-01-2009 02:05 PM

SMS question

hey guys, how do you revert back to the normal SMS when u click on it through manilla? I dont really like the rhodium take to it where if u click it u cant start typing right away. Thanks.

MadlyAlive 07-01-2009 02:10 PM

Re: SMS question

huh? I'm lost...

lwrdrchvy2 07-01-2009 02:11 PM

Are you meaning that you don't like threaded messaging and want to go back to the old style? If so look under settings>system i believe

MadlyAlive 07-01-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lwrdrchvy2 (Post 1008458)
Are you meaning that you don't like threaded messaging and want to go back to the old style? If so look under settings>system i believe

That's what I thought, but got confused with the typing right away part...

Wait, OP...do you mean you want to click a message and have it take you to the Inbox and not the message you just tapped on?

If that's what you mean, the left soft button is "All Messages" and will take you to the Inbox and not the message that is on your screen.

oxxomxxo 07-01-2009 02:35 PM

sorry im making this so confusing, but before when u clicked on the message from TF3D it took u too the threaded sms of that message, and the cursor was already placed in the reply box for you to type right away, now when u click on the message from TF3D it takes you to a new interface which is still threaded but you have to manually click in the reply box then when ur ready to send you have to click send instead of being able to hit enter on the keyboard to send. hopefully i have made it less confusing, and thanks for the help

MadlyAlive 07-01-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxxomxxo (Post 1008519)
sorry im making this so confusing, but before when u clicked on the message from TF3D it took u too the threaded sms of that message, and the cursor was already placed in the reply box for you to type right away, now when u click on the message from TF3D it takes you to a new interface which is still threaded but you have to manually click in the reply box then when ur ready to send you have to click send instead of being able to hit enter on the keyboard to send. hopefully i have made it less confusing, and thanks for the help

Mine goes directly into the entry screen and I'm ready to type.

Have you tried a soft reset? Are you running a custom ROM? Have you tweaked your phone recently?

Do you give it a couple of seconds while in portrait mode and see if your cursor is placed correctly?

p-slim 07-01-2009 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadlyAlive (Post 1008532)
Mine goes directly into the entry screen and I'm ready to type.

Have you tried a soft reset? Are you running a custom ROM? Have you tweaked your phone recently?

Do you give it a couple of seconds while in portrait mode and see if your cursor is placed correctly?

if you are running the new tf3d the cursor doesn't go directly to the input line. I don't know if there is a fix for this yet, sorry.

MadlyAlive 07-01-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1008560)
if you are running the new tf3d the cursor doesn't go directly to the input line. I don't know if there is a fix for this yet, sorry.

What is the "new TF3D"?

lwrdrchvy2 07-01-2009 03:04 PM

Sounds like you are running TF3D2. The messaging tab on it works a little different and Im not sure there is a way to fix the problem you are having

oxxomxxo 07-01-2009 09:27 PM

ok...thats fine, i guess ill have to wait to see if anyone can find a way around this. Thanks for the help guys.