PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO baby
Carrier: ATT

xgm541 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Returning for warranty, what needs to be reverted?

So i found on XDA that i must revert the ROM (obviously) to stock, as well as SPL, but what about radio?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:14 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Returning for warranty, what needs to be reverted?

I'd return the radio, SPL and ROM to stock. I just did this when I returned my TP last week.

However, I returned my Mogul last year with a custom ROM and SPL...only because my miniUSB port was jacked up (the reason for exchanging it in the first place).

Old 07-01-2009, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, i was given two options,

a) I can visit the repair center and they will troubleshoot the phone there, and i will be given an exchange on the spot if it is truly broken

b) i can do mail exchange where they send a new one to my house, and I return the broken one.

is there a difference in what they look for?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:22 PM
The GrooGrux King

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgm541 View Post
Ok, i was given two options,

a) I can visit the repair center and they will troubleshoot the phone there, and i will be given an exchange on the spot if it is truly broken

b) i can do mail exchange where they send a new one to my house, and I return the broken one.

is there a difference in what they look for?
If you go into the store, you definitely need to revert it back to stock. If you choose to do an over the phone exchange, you may be able to get away with not returning it to stock.

I get nervous about that kind of stuff, so I'd do it either way if you can (i.e. you don't have a problem with the miniUSB like I did with my Mogul).

It's always better to be safe than sorry!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

If the miniUSB jack is messed up...you could always flash from the SD Card.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:24 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
If the miniUSB jack is messed up...you could always flash from the SD Card.
I didn't have a card reader with me at the time when I had to send it back before a vacation.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The flashing isnt the only thing on my mind. The phone has a small microscopic scratch on the bottom left hand corner. I dont know if that will be a problem. I have no problem flashing the ROM and hardspl to stock, but the radio might be a bit of a problem since I dont know which one is stock. Anyway im trying to decide which is better, since if i go to the store and they tell me "no we wont take it because of the scratch", i can simply walk out, but if i do a mail exchange, they send me a new one, and they receive the old one and decide it cant be returned, i dont want to have to pay $550 on my next bill.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:29 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
The flashing isnt the only thing on my mind. The phone has a small microscopic scratch on the bottom left hand corner. I dont know if that will be a problem. I have no problem flashing the ROM and hardspl to stock, but the radio might be a bit of a problem since I dont know which one is stock. Anyway im trying to decide which is better, since if i go to the store and they tell me "no we wont take it because of the scratch", i can simply walk out, but if i do a mail exchange, they send me a new one, and they receive the old one and decide it cant be returned, i dont want to have to pay $550 on my next bill.
I don't think they'll care about a small scratch...maybe someone with experience can chime in on that one.

The stock radio can be found here: ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Raphael/Users/Jug...hipped%20R.rar

From thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46616
Old 07-01-2009, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

by the way, i have an AT&T touch pro not a sprint one.

XDA is dead when it comes to anything other than development questions.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:35 PM
The GrooGrux King

Quote:
by the way, i have an AT&T touch pro not a sprint one.

XDA is dead when it comes to anything other than development questions.
Yeah, I just saw that, sorry. Here's the thread for GSM radios: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46352

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro