PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
QPST or Command Line Program or Carrier Cab

I am trying to connect to QPST (trying to restore my NV values, think I might have accidentally altered them with a ROM I tried making), but the standard ##3424/##3424# codes are not working. I don't have a standard carrier (Nex-tech Wireless) so am unable to find a carrier cab (as my search results suggested). I do have my stock phone dump and ROM if that helps in any way.

One post I found suggests using a program that allows arguments to run DMRouter /DIAG but can't seem to find any information on a program that does that. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:46 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: QPST or Command Line Program or Carrier Cab

Have you tried BAFSMSL app to get your msl and use that to get into the programming menus?
Old 07-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff

Ok, that is a few too many letters that I don't know what they mean if you could tell me what BAFSMSL stands for and what it does, as well as msl I would appreciate it and add it to my glossary
Old 07-01-2009, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

BAFS - creater
MSL - don't know what it stands for but the 6 digit #

Old 07-01-2009, 02:54 PM
lwrdrchvy2

On cell phones there are two lock codes that can be used to access the programming information. MSL or master security lock is the code that can be used multiple times to access programming information and BAFS created an app that can extract it from your phone so you don't have to call your service provider for it. There is also the OTKSL which stands for one time key security lock and does the same thing as the msl but can only be used once. The OTKSL is usuaully what service providers use when programming a phone so there is no need to try and get that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Googled it and added it to my glossary

Used the program and fund my MSL is 000000, but no idea what to do with it now
Old 07-01-2009, 03:02 PM
lwrdrchvy2

dial ##000000# and that should bring up the menus that you are trying to get to. I have never seen an msl that is just straight 0's but hopefully it works. If the ## code still doesnt work it is probably something to do with the dialer being used as some don't support them.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks lwrdchvy, your info has been added to my glossary!

I tried what you suggested and get the same result, i.e. it rings and then a recorded message says the number or code you entered is not valid please try again.

And the dialer should work, it is the stock one and I used it the first time I hooked up to QPST.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

ryuaced is just getting started

get on the market with wifi or search for msl reader apk and download the msl reader. If you have your phone rooted at least. This program will read your msl because some carriers don't use 000000.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

ryuaced is just getting started

also I think you are looking for the code ##3282#
that will lead you to the epst mode
Or ##000000#
should take you to show your mdn and msid numbers this will be the numbers that allow you to connect to your provider. MDN is your mobile number, msid might be your mobile number or could be a special number associated with your phone
in epst mode you will need to make sure your msid number is right and your home sid/nid # 1 number is right, you can get your msid number from your phone carrier.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro