PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 10:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro CDMA
Carrier: Alltel

OrionSX is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Help with ESN...

Hi guys, I may be purchasing an Alltel-branded Touch Pro soon, and while I plan on getting one with a clean, released ESN, I don't have much of a guarantee. So if for some reason the phone I get doesn't have a clean ESN, is there anyway to get around that, or am I pretty much out $300?

Also, I've heard contested information; if I were to purchase a Sprint Touch Pro, the Alltel reps say the phone will not work through Alltel, although I know this not to be true. What hoops would I have to jump through to get a Sprint Touch Pro working on the Alltel network? Thanks a ton.

~Orion

Last edited by OrionSX; 07-01-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:00 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Need Help with ESN...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionSX View Post
Hi guys,

...I've seen/heard of people changing the ESN on their device...

~Orion
Is illegal here in the U.S. and should not be discussed here...

edit: See MindFrost's comments here:
09/02/08 - ZERO-TOLERANCE REMINDERS HERE

Old 07-01-2009, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Fine, ignore the first question and answer the second. Aside from doing anything illegal, will Alltel work with me if the ESN is bad, if I complain at them enough?
Old 07-01-2009, 11:10 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionSX View Post
Fine, ignore the first question and answer the second. Aside from doing anything illegal, will Alltel work with me if the ESN is bad, if I complain at them enough?
That's how I roll, answer what I can to the best of my ability and ignore the rest. Sorry, but I have an alltel phone.

And I was being kind in letting you know that certain topic could get you banned, then you would not be able to hang around to get your answer...
Old 07-01-2009, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Well, I editted my post so it doesn't include anything illegal. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HERO
Carrier: Sprint

Leukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLeukay is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It would be VERY hard to get a rep to activate the phone. If you tell them the situation and explain how much you spent on it, it would still take a very very nice rep who is having an amazing day to activate it. I'd say, if you are using it on alltel, you are probably pretty much out of luck..Sorry.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro