PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 04:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul, TP
Carrier: Sprint

weakkneed is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Buy no longer carries Touch Pro

I returned my TP for warranty service to Best Buy. After one month with loaner I was approved for in-store exchange. Was then told I could exchange for anything in the store. I was told that TP was dropped for battery issues and that BB would not be getting any more TP's. After some discussion the clerk called around and was able to ship one from another store. I should receive it later this week. I am posting this because BB will no longer have a full keyboard WM device to exchange for if you send your phone in for warranty service as I did. I would suggest you take warranty repairs to the Sprint store.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:21 AM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Best Buy no longer carries Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by weakkneed View Post
I returned my TP for warranty service to Best Buy. After one month with loaner I was approved for in-store exchange. Was then told I could exchange for anything in the store. I was told that TP was dropped for battery issues and that BB would not be getting any more TP's. After some discussion the clerk called around and was able to ship one from another store. I should receive it later this week. I am posting this because BB will no longer have a full keyboard WM device to exchange for if you send your phone in for warranty service as I did. I would suggest you take warranty repairs to the Sprint store.
Thanks for sharing. Time to get rid of that crap...
Old 06-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

According to someone who has access to BBs inventory system it's supposedly "discontinued" according to them. Maybe they're making room for the TP2? One can only hope.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:49 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
According to someone who has access to BBs inventory system it's supposedly "discontinued" according to them. Maybe they're making room for the TP2? One can only hope.
That is if u actually want a TP2. Seems to be way over priced for little to no upgrades. I've lost faith with HTC
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
That is if u actually want a TP2. Seems to be way over priced for little to no upgrades. I've lost faith with HTC
very true, I don't think i'll be upgrading to the TP2 anytime soon. HTC needs to up their game if they want to stay competitive with Palm/Blackberry/Apple
Old 06-30-2009, 12:58 PM
brushrop03

Quote:
very true, I don't think i'll be upgrading to the TP2 anytime soon. HTC needs to up their game if they want to stay competitive with Palm/Blackberry/Apple
Indeed. I'm sure most of us who have a TP already used their upgrade. I just don't see the point. I'm not dishing out all that money for a tilting screen and slightly larger screen (same res)

But this discontinue seems like they're preparing for the TP2
Old 06-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
Indeed. I'm sure most of us who have a TP already used their upgrade. I just don't see the point. I'm not dishing out all that money for a tilting screen and slightly larger screen (same res)

But this discontinue seems like they're preparing for the TP2
TP2 is actually slightly higher res at 800x480. The larger screen is actually the only think I'd be excited about. I hate how they got rid of the flash as I use that thing to find my way through the dark like ALL the time. Larger keyboard may or may not prove to be more comfortable too. Though if I were offered the TP or the TP2 at the same time, I'd probably go with the TP2 now, I just wouldn't pay 200+$ for it.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
windows is already a competitor for palm/blackberry/apple. The tp2 isn't suppose to be a major upgrade to the tp1, unless you want a bigger screen and the speaker phone thats it. my tp1 can already do way more then all 3 of those phones so don't expect any updates from htc themselves. its like what more do you want from your touch pro, i believe there isn't any phone that can accomplish more then my tp. The only update they have coming is winmo 6.5 wich is actually coming from windows not htc.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
windows is already a competitor for palm/blackberry/apple. The tp2 isn't suppose to be a major upgrade to the tp1, unless you want a bigger screen and the speaker phone thats it. my tp1 can already do way more then all 3 of those phones so don't expect any updates from htc themselves. its like what more do you want from your touch pro, i believe there isn't any phone that can accomplish more then my tp. The only update they have coming is winmo 6.5 wich is actually coming from windows not htc.
well windows is the operating system, which many would argue is extremely antiquated. Even 6.5 is only applying band-aids to a much more serious fundamental issues with the WM platform such as multi-touch, and it's reliance on stylus. It's stability or lack-thereof is also nfamous on these forums. The biggest and probably only saving grace of WM is the openness of the platform and the ability for people to do things like cook ROMs and such. BB/Apple/Palm completely lock down their hardware to prevent that, most likely because they have direct control of their hardware.

HTC also needs to improve the quality of their phones. Granted they are probably the best producer of WM phones right now, but if they don't come out with phones with better designs/drivers/quality, they're going to fall behind and eventually people will have forgotten they existed. It would be a real shame as HTC is really the only contender for good WM phones with physical keyboards.

Last edited by Darkjedi; 06-30-2009 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weakkneed View Post

could have picked up the Pre

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro