PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 08:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

The Twizted Guy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile I Think My Phone is Dead!!!!

Hi guys,

I need some major assistance here. My phone will no longer load or boot. It's stuck on the Sprint logo. What shall I do? I attempted to do a backup earlier, before this drama, using Sprite backup. I'm not sure if this caused the mess, but....
Now, it's constantly rebooting over and over and over... what's going on?

Help?

Last edited by The Twizted Guy; 06-30-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 08:15 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: I Think My Phone is Dead!!!!

try hard reseting?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: The everything you own plan by Sprint

vipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good workvipertk8 is keeping up the good work

Power off your phone, Hold down center button with Vol down and power button at the same time till you get the white screen. that says press vol up to reset to factory default. You should be good to go from there.

TK

Old 06-30-2009, 09:34 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

ok thanks i got it reset. Now do you think I should try performing another Sprite backup? I really did not save any of my contacts and info...

JE

Last edited by The Twizted Guy; 06-30-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:01 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

try it. if you just hard reset then there is no worry your gonna lose any more data. as its all gone already anyways.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

htcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuffhtcman724 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to htcman724 Send a message via Yahoo to htcman724

i had the same problem but mine wouldn't hard reset i took it to sprint and got a replacement they said that once it does that where it sticks on the boot that theres a glitch inside the software so id it happens again just take it to them and get a replacement.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:43 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

OK thanks everyone for the assistance. I performed the Sprite restore on an old backup file I had from June 20th.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:48 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

OK everyone!!

well, it's happened again. The last time I performed a restore from a backup file, everything was ok. Then I said to myslf:.."Hmm..I better go ahead and save the new info and numbers I have been using since the restore with a fresh backup".

This time, the TOUCH screen with the software info is just sitting there. So, the phone will not load past it and it can not be HARD RESET either. So...i'll have to wait til friday, which is when I am off, to go to Sprint.

BTW: My backups and all my phone files/progs are saved on my memory card . I don't think i'll ever do winmo again.

Now I need some type of temp cell phone. Gonna try tmobile and get something, just to make calls and send a few texts. Grrrr!

JE

Last edited by The Twizted Guy; 07-05-2009 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Twizted Guy View Post
OK everyone!!

well, it's happened again. The last time I performed a restore from a backup file, everything was ok. Then I said to myslf:.."Hmm..I better go ahead and save the new info and numbers I have been using since the restore with a fresh backup".

This time, the TOUCH screen with the software info is just sitting there. So, the phone will not load past it and it can not be HARD RESET either. So...i'll have to wait til friday, which is when I am off, to go to Sprint.

BTW: My backups and all my phone files/progs are saved on my memory card

Now I need some type of temp cell phone. Gonna try tmobile and get something, just to make calls and send a few texts. Grrrr!

JE
Have u tried taking the battery out putting it back in & with the phone still off performing the hard reset then?
Old 07-05-2009, 03:49 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

OK, this is getting annoying. I'm not sure if it's the Sprite software causing this or just the winmo Touch phone.
I did get it to hard reset yet again. I tried everything. Well while it was on the TOUCH screen, I just held down the middle, POWER and vol down, and pushed in the soft reset button underneath and I guess that got the white screen....
I will try and perform another restore with Sprite now, from the 6/20/09 file and then do another backup with updated info. IF IT TURNS OUT TO BE SPRITE, i will launch a public denouncing of the software and ask everyone to stay away. The way I will know, is once I do the backup, if it doesn't reboot my phone.

I will keep you posted.

JE

Last edited by The Twizted Guy; 07-05-2009 at 03:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro