PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry Curve 8330m
Carrier: Sprint

emaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Black screen while in call

Anyone know how to disable the black screen while in a call? I can't type in my Voicemail password in a dark room because my phone thinks its against my face. any way to disable it? I'v tried Advance config and can't find a setting in it. I'm running Juicy 8.
Thanks
E-man
Old 07-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Re: Black screen while in call

Push the Power button!?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

emaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuffemaster101 knows their stuff

Yea but it goes black again before I can finish typing the pass.....
Old 07-01-2009, 01:21 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Hmmmm...
If you type the password on the touchscreen it goes black?
Old 07-01-2009, 01:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I use Touch InCall Screen Tweak.

Basically, the program activates when you make a call. Then, when holding the phone against your ear the screen is off as normal, but when you pull it away to enter digits, the g-sensor polling makes the screen light back up until you put it against your ear again.

With my Innocase making the power button a little... err... less accessible for my already oversized fingers, this program is definitely for the win.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

yea one number then black. then i press the power and the next number then black then power then next number then black etc........until all seven numbers and the pound sign have been pressed. its pretty dam annoying...and I hard reset the Rom, still doing it...
Old 07-01-2009, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Rourke Swift thats great but im looking for a way to disable this feature not get it.....
Old 07-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaster101 View Post
Rourke Swift thats great but im looking for a way to disable this feature not get it.....
The program allows you to override the light sensor, and illuminates the screen when you're trying to enter digits. I'm not sure how this isn't what you're looking for... guess I'm just not understanding your first post.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:31 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emaster101 View Post
I'm using Juicy8 (latest build) with Touch InCall Screen Tweak.

My screen doesn't turn itself off while in a call unless the tweak program toggles it off. When I hold the phone face up, the screen comes on and allows me to dial whatever I need, when I told it back up to my face, the screen turns off for me.

So I guess I'm not running into the same problem you are. Give the program a shot, maybe you'll like it.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

will try it out and report back thanks,

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro