PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Black screen while in call (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73359)

emaster101 07-01-2009 01:15 AM

Black screen while in call

Anyone know how to disable the black screen while in a call? I can't type in my Voicemail password in a dark room because my phone thinks its against my face. any way to disable it? I'v tried Advance config and can't find a setting in it. I'm running Juicy 8.
Thanks
E-man

horndoctor 07-01-2009 01:16 AM

Re: Black screen while in call

Push the Power button!?

emaster101 07-01-2009 01:18 AM

Yea but it goes black again before I can finish typing the pass.....

horndoctor 07-01-2009 01:21 AM

Hmmmm...
If you type the password on the touchscreen it goes black?

Rourke Swift 07-01-2009 01:24 AM

I use Touch InCall Screen Tweak.

Basically, the program activates when you make a call. Then, when holding the phone against your ear the screen is off as normal, but when you pull it away to enter digits, the g-sensor polling makes the screen light back up until you put it against your ear again.

With my Innocase making the power button a little... err... less accessible for my already oversized fingers, this program is definitely for the win.

emaster101 07-01-2009 01:26 AM

yea one number then black. then i press the power and the next number then black then power then next number then black etc........until all seven numbers and the pound sign have been pressed. its pretty dam annoying...and I hard reset the Rom, still doing it...

emaster101 07-01-2009 01:27 AM

Rourke Swift thats great but im looking for a way to disable this feature not get it.....

Rourke Swift 07-01-2009 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaster101 (Post 1007551)
Rourke Swift thats great but im looking for a way to disable this feature not get it.....

The program allows you to override the light sensor, and illuminates the screen when you're trying to enter digits. I'm not sure how this isn't what you're looking for... guess I'm just not understanding your first post.

ShadowDrake 07-01-2009 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emaster101 (Post 1007551)

I'm using Juicy8 (latest build) with Touch InCall Screen Tweak.

My screen doesn't turn itself off while in a call unless the tweak program toggles it off. When I hold the phone face up, the screen comes on and allows me to dial whatever I need, when I told it back up to my face, the screen turns off for me.

So I guess I'm not running into the same problem you are. Give the program a shot, maybe you'll like it.

emaster101 07-01-2009 01:34 AM

will try it out and report back thanks,