PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 01:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

kungpao is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Noobish signal quality question.

My family lives in the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania and about 2 weeks ago, our signal quality dropped fairly significantly. I was online with a Sprint chat rep and they told me to bring our phones in to see if it was the phones. I personally find it odd that both her Curve and my touch pro have the same signal dropping issues and somehow it's the phone's problem. I have no problem bringing her phone in but my noobish question is, I'm running MightyROM5. Should I let them touch my phone or am I gonna have to put the stock ROM back on it before they look at it? It's gonna suck if I have to, I just got everything running nice for me.

-kp!
Old 06-30-2009, 01:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker
Re: Noobish signal quality question.

I would go back to stock to be on the safe side.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 06-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

I would just take it in and let the take a look at it. Dont think there is much they will do about the rom.

Shell
Old 06-30-2009, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond and TP

Shin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularShin_Akuma26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Honestly I don't think you have to go back to stock rom because they have nothing to do with it they are just gonna check the settings of the network within your phone if anything they might have to reprogram the phone, but not more than that. I'm telling you this because I had to take my phone in so they can check why my internet was not working and at the time I had another rom running, so they looked at my phone reprogrammed it and voila it was working again.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You don't troubleshoot every computer on a network when all of them lose connectivity at once. If your TP and her BB both suffered serious signal degradation at the same time, it's a pretty safe bet the phones aren't the problem.

Taking it in sounds like a waste of gas IMO.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kungpao is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
You don't troubleshoot every computer on a network when all of them lose connectivity at once. If your TP and her BB both suffered serious signal degradation at the same time, it's a pretty safe bet the phones aren't the problem.

Taking it in sounds like a waste of gas IMO.
That was my thought too. But hey, who am I? Certainly not the cellphone programmer. Although I'm reading into the whole cellular radio thing and wondering if that'll help "me" out. I read that I can use a verizon radio with a sprint plan but i'm still trying to figure this stuff out. Took a while before i jumped into the whole rom business...
Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Alltel

Rourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on repRourke Swift is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungpao View Post
That was my thought too. But hey, who am I? Certainly not the cellphone programmer. Although I'm reading into the whole cellular radio thing and wondering if that'll help "me" out. I read that I can use a verizon radio with a sprint plan but i'm still trying to figure this stuff out. Took a while before i jumped into the whole rom business...
I think checking out a couple different radios is a good idea. You can use any of the 9 radios in this thread on your phone; while they're branded by the provider they came from, they're actually just general software instructions for your phone's radio and don't effect who you get your service from.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

kungpao is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rourke Swift View Post
I think checking out a couple different radios is a good idea. You can use any of the 9 radios in this thread on your phone; while they're branded by the provider they came from, they're actually just general software instructions for your phone's radio and don't effect who you get your service from.

Great to know. Thanks! I had seen that thread as well as the thread over on xda regarding radios...
Old 06-30-2009, 04:23 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

If you have Sprite Backup, you can pretty much save all your settings from MR5 and restore them to exactly the way you had it before. You'll have to reflash to MR5 after they look at it first before you restore though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro