PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro

term18 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do i flash my touch pro back to sprint

i have a touch pro flash to metro i want to go back to sprint and want to know what can i do
Old 07-20-2009, 01:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero
Re: how do i flash my touch pro back to sprint

tell sprint you took your device to another carrier and they did something to it to make it work on their network and now you would like to go back to sprint and see what they can do for you. just play dumb. I am not sure what metro does to phones as far as provisioning but you could try flashing the shipped rom + radio back? if that does not work try a sprint provisioning cab?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

term18 is a n00b

i went to sprint and they told me that wen i flash phone to other conpany they cant help me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by term18 View Post
i went to sprint and they told me that wen i flash phone to other conpany they cant help me
did you try flashing back to stock rom then flashing back to stock radio (as mentioned in the previous posting)?
Old 07-20-2009, 01:44 PM
N00b

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

nice.. in that case you're on your own but there is no better place to be than on this forum. there's a thread on here with the shipped rom I think its a sticky. there is also a thread with radios.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

term18 is a n00b

ok soo if i flash the stock rom and the stock radio will that take out the flash metro put in
Old 07-20-2009, 01:51 PM
N00b

Quote:
ok soo if i flash the stock rom and the stock radio will that take out the flash metro put in

probably. not sure though I have never had a touch pro on metro, but I don't see why not. Also see what metro says its not like they'll whine at you for breaking contract....
Old 07-20-2009, 01:55 PM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
you may want to wait until some of the "higher ups" with much more knowledge about this sort of thing comes on later today/tonight. i would try flashing back to original but heck, i'm ot sure if that will fix anything.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slickjestap is just getting started

I'd flash back to sprint stock and stock radio. Tell sprint you want to come back and they won't have a problem since it is their phone. Say you moved back into an area where sprint had better service and you wanted to switch back. It'll work you won't have to even go into the store.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickjestap View Post
I'd flash back to sprint stock and stock radio. Tell sprint you want to come back and they won't have a problem since it is their phone. Say you moved back into an area where sprint had better service and you wanted to switch back. It'll work you won't have to even go into the store.
i'm thinking the problem would be telling them the phone had been unlocked. how else would he have been able to switch?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro