PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Noobish signal quality question. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=73302)

kungpao 06-30-2009 01:40 PM

Noobish signal quality question.

My family lives in the Lehigh Valley in Pennsylvania and about 2 weeks ago, our signal quality dropped fairly significantly. I was online with a Sprint chat rep and they told me to bring our phones in to see if it was the phones. I personally find it odd that both her Curve and my touch pro have the same signal dropping issues and somehow it's the phone's problem. I have no problem bringing her phone in but my noobish question is, I'm running MightyROM5. Should I let them touch my phone or am I gonna have to put the stock ROM back on it before they look at it? It's gonna suck if I have to, I just got everything running nice for me.

-kp!

elmerfudpucker 06-30-2009 01:51 PM

Re: Noobish signal quality question.

I would go back to stock to be on the safe side.

shellguy 06-30-2009 01:54 PM

I would just take it in and let the take a look at it. Dont think there is much they will do about the rom.

Shell

Shin_Akuma26 06-30-2009 01:55 PM

Honestly I don't think you have to go back to stock rom because they have nothing to do with it they are just gonna check the settings of the network within your phone if anything they might have to reprogram the phone, but not more than that. I'm telling you this because I had to take my phone in so they can check why my internet was not working and at the time I had another rom running, so they looked at my phone reprogrammed it and voila it was working again.

Rourke Swift 06-30-2009 01:58 PM

You don't troubleshoot every computer on a network when all of them lose connectivity at once. If your TP and her BB both suffered serious signal degradation at the same time, it's a pretty safe bet the phones aren't the problem.

Taking it in sounds like a waste of gas IMO.

kungpao 06-30-2009 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rourke Swift (Post 1006167)
You don't troubleshoot every computer on a network when all of them lose connectivity at once. If your TP and her BB both suffered serious signal degradation at the same time, it's a pretty safe bet the phones aren't the problem.

Taking it in sounds like a waste of gas IMO.

That was my thought too. But hey, who am I? Certainly not the cellphone programmer. Although I'm reading into the whole cellular radio thing and wondering if that'll help "me" out. I read that I can use a verizon radio with a sprint plan but i'm still trying to figure this stuff out. Took a while before i jumped into the whole rom business...

Rourke Swift 06-30-2009 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kungpao (Post 1006190)
That was my thought too. But hey, who am I? Certainly not the cellphone programmer. Although I'm reading into the whole cellular radio thing and wondering if that'll help "me" out. I read that I can use a verizon radio with a sprint plan but i'm still trying to figure this stuff out. Took a while before i jumped into the whole rom business...

I think checking out a couple different radios is a good idea. You can use any of the 9 radios in this thread on your phone; while they're branded by the provider they came from, they're actually just general software instructions for your phone's radio and don't effect who you get your service from.

kungpao 06-30-2009 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rourke Swift (Post 1006220)
I think checking out a couple different radios is a good idea. You can use any of the 9 radios in this thread on your phone; while they're branded by the provider they came from, they're actually just general software instructions for your phone's radio and don't effect who you get your service from.

Great to know. Thanks! I had seen that thread as well as the thread over on xda regarding radios...

Darkjedi 06-30-2009 04:23 PM

If you have Sprite Backup, you can pretty much save all your settings from MR5 and restore them to exactly the way you had it before. You'll have to reflash to MR5 after they look at it first before you restore though.