PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2009, 09:40 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I need help from ROM Flashers or master cooks!

I need help from those with experience...

I have a quick question and i am new at flashing. I have unlocked and flashed a ROM succesfully several times now but today i tried new different ROMS and the phone immediatly disconnects from the computer and restarts itself. I have made sure i established a connection through activesync but no new ROM and this message on my phone screen.

" .mscr and .mortrun extensions registered. Please run any .mscr/.mortrun file or read the manual". What does this mean?

Okay, what do i do now?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: moto mpx 220>tmobile mda>6900 nfsfan 6.5>htc touch pro
Carrier: vzw

ruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good workruthlessbeatle is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ruthlessbeatle
Re: I need help from ROM Flashers or master cooks!

put it in boot loader mode before flashing to do so hold vol down, power, and hit the soft reset keep holding the vol down and power. ull see a multi color screen then flash. dont forget to hit thanks
Old 06-29-2009, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Carrier: Sprint

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

How are you flashing? I assume through usb, but just want to verify. At what point during the flash does it disconnect? I know you say immediately, but immediately after what?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

That message has to do with mortscirpt, nothing to do with flashing. usually shows up on my phone everytime i soft reset since mortscript is set to launch itself on boot. You should try and flashing by sd card, its really simple and you dont have to worry about losing the connection to active sync.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

go to windows/startup and delete mortscript

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 06-29-2009, 10:25 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Threadstarter

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessbeatle View Post
put it in boot loader mode before flashing to do so hold vol down, power, and hit the soft reset keep holding the vol down and power. ull see a multi color screen then flash. dont forget to hit thanks
Nope that didnt do it. There is a quick message that comes up right before the bootloader screen and the only word i can read is "Failed"...agh!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

I'm assuming he's using activesync or windows mobile device center.
And that would mean that the disconnecting and reconnecting is normal.
It should disconnect from activesync once it goes into bootloader mode on your phone,
and then it reconnects without activesync and runs the RUU.

It's better to just put the phone into bootloader mode manually(described in a post above), and then just plug it into the usb cable and run the RomUpdateUtility.exe
10 times faster & safer.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:51 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by codybear View Post
I'm assuming he's using activesync or windows mobile device center.
And that would mean that the disconnecting and reconnecting is normal.
It should disconnect from activesync once it goes into bootloader mode on your phone,
and then it reconnects without activesync and runs the RUU.

It's better to just put the phone into bootloader mode manually(described in a post above), and then just plug it into the usb cable and run the RomUpdateUtility.exe
10 times faster & safer.
Yeah, im using mobile device center but either way i try it(sync or bootloader) the new ROM does not get flashed and a message on my PC say Invalid model. does that help any?
Old 06-29-2009, 11:32 PM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Yeah, im using mobile device center but either way i try it(sync or bootloader) the new ROM does not get flashed and a message on my PC say Invalid model. does that help any?
Whar rom have you successfully flashed? It really sounds like your phone is not unlocked...
Old 06-29-2009, 11:34 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
Whar rom have you successfully flashed? It really sounds like your phone is not unlocked...
Yeah i have the cmonex unlock screen. I have flashed Cooper and Mighty Rom 5...tried 4 others but doesn't work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro