PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero w/Touch Pro on the bench
Carrier: Sprint

MILH0U5E is keeping up the good workMILH0U5E is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question New Screen Issue?

Please check out the pictures I took of my Sprint TP attached below. This has been happening periodically for the last few days, but has gotten more frequent. I've had this issue on 2 different ROMS, and at varying parts of the day. From waking it in the morning, after a soft reset, sliding the keyboard in/out, and now it just did it after I got off a call with Sprint (they are sending a new one).

Is this the beginning of something worse? Should I flash it back to the shipped ROM now, while it's still working? Or is this just a glitch with this phone that happens over time?

If anyone can provide any feedback I'd really appreciate it. As I said above, I'm getting a new one sent to me; but feedback on this may help someone else in the future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2477.JPG (40.8 KB, 63 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_2476.JPG (51.8 KB, 61 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMG_2475.JPG (59.5 KB, 44 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr
Re: New Screen Issue?

i cant really tell whats going on in those pictures, are all the buttons turning green on the top? well at least sprint is sending u a new one, i bet its a hardware problem, try flashing back to stock and see if the problem still exists there, if so then its gotta be bad hardware

Old 06-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
i cant really tell whats going on in those pictures, are all the buttons turning green on the top? well at least sprint is sending u a new one, i bet its a hardware problem, try flashing back to stock and see if the problem still exists there, if so then its gotta be bad hardware
Well, if you look at the middle picture, what you see is exactly what the screen looks like. There is green and blue bleeding into the screen, it's weird. I can also get it to flash a bit when I press down on the screen. So I'm thinking its a connection somewhere under the screen.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

thats an ugly dialer u got going there, try flashing to stock and see what happens, do u have insurance on ur phone?
Old 06-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
thats an ugly dialer u got going there, try flashing to stock and see what happens, do u have insurance on ur phone?
yeah, have insurance.

It's much uglier in person... there's green, blue, and the font turned yellow. I read some earlier issues people were having, and they seemed to link screens going black or looking like mine to a loose cable.

I just hope I get a NIB on Tuesday and not a refurb.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:49 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Did you drop the phone?

It almost looks like the ribbon cable that connects the LCD to the board is starting to come loose.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-29-2009, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

thezboee is a n00b

Since you have a replacement on the way, I'd flash back to stock and relock it before your screen completely stops working. Just a precaution, you know?
Old 06-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Happened to my last TP, the ribbon is not making proper contact, chalk it up to Htc's top of the line quality.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 06-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Yeah, already flashed back to stock and relocked... Today I had all sorts of colors going in and out, purples, reds, blues, yellows, and greens.

My phone has taken some falls, but nothing major; I think poor quality is definitely to blame...

Anyone know what the replacements from Sprint have looked like? I'm expecting a refurb, but hoping for a newbie.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro